Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 910xt - Course Uploads?
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell me the best way to load a route to my 910? I have several resources that have saved courses in .GPX, but after countless attempts to load a course via Garmin Connect I have been unsuccessful! If there is more than one way to do this I would love to hear them and if there is just 1 way to do it, I need to learn it!

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910xt - Course Uploads? [bigendurance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is what I did some time back with my 310XT. There may be a better method for your unit, but I'm not sure of one:

Quote:
I created a course with mapmyrun.com, and downloaded the TCX file. Then, I went to bikeroutetoaster.com, clicked on "course creator", and then the Courses tab at the top. I clicked "Choose File", picked the TCX file from mapmyrun, and then clicked the "Upload GPX" button. Once it uploaded the file, it showed me a map of the run. Then I clicked the "Summary" tab, and at the bottom is the option to "Download: To Garmin GPS / tcx". It made me install the Garmin communicator plug-in for my browser, but once installed, the course uploaded straight to my garmin and to garminconnect. Cool!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try using safari, once I switched from msft ie to safari was able to get every course, update etc.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by karencoutts [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by mattreg3 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the error with GC?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910xt - Course Uploads? [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that trick worked on my 910xt, many thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please let me shamelessly plug my own description of courses (and turn directions) on the 910XT: http://benj.n69.ch/...min-forerunner-910xt
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 910xt - Course Uploads? [bewuethr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Remember after creating the course you must hit Send to Device... that was my mistake when i couldn't figure it out.
Quote Reply