Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin, Google, and Training Peaks walk into a bar...
Quote | Reply
Or maybe they're in the middle of a Mexican Stand Off - who knows...

I'm a set it and forget it kind of technology consumer, I have enough patience to get it working and enjoy the main benefits but I find no love in exploring the finer points. And when it quits working the thought of spending time on the phone with customer service just frosts me to no end. I know many of you guys and gals know the inner workings much better than I do so here's issue:

Back when Garmin got hacked I had no problem dragging and dropping .fit files from my Garmin 520 into Training Peaks. Things eventually went back to normal but a few weeks ago a bike ride (a race unfortunately) failed to show up on Connect and of course never made it TP.

When I connected the 520 to my laptop to manually move it I got a never ending stream of pop up boxes from GoogleSynch (my cloud back up) telling me that multiple .fit files (on the 520) were corrupted and that I should run CheckDisc to correct the issue. I didn't do that but the next ride uploaded just fine so I ignored the issue.

Wednesday I had a ride that uploaded to Garmin Connect but never made it over to Training Peaks. My swim workouts on my Garmin 735XT watch were on Connect and TP but not the 520 files from Wednesday. I could see it on Connect but not on TP. When I connect the 520 to my laptop I get the same warning boxes from GoogleSynch that my files are corrupted and that particular Wednesday ride will not drag and drop into Training Peaks. My laptop was quite upset with this and required a hard shut down to get rid of the warning boxes.

I'm thinking that just deleting all the .fit files from the 520 might be the next move as I never use it to look at my history. I want to make sure that I'm not messing with my historical records in Training Peaks. It may be time to ditch the 520 too.

Thoughts?

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin, Google, and Training Peaks walk into a bar... [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't answer your questions in regards to the disk "problem", but for the Connect activity not showing on TP.

I had a similar issue yesterday with a swim not syncing with Strava. I started to research what the problem was and decided (before I started) that I really don't care if it's a one-off and I just wanted it on Strava. So, I downloaded the Connect activity and then manually added it to Strava. I don't use TP but I assume you can upload a .tcx type file.

My ride and run this morning synced with Strava, so as of right now it looks like it was a one-off and I saved a lot of time not trying to figure why it didn't work.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply