Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [CementBottle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hanson has already put 30 seconds into Lionel. 3 minutes back.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you...I wasn't letting the story go all the way through.

14X Ironman. Still slow but working on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The two seem to be running away from the field, even Hanson is no longer making time up.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only 10 seconds faster through the 2.4mi split. Pretty sure Lionel has this easy, and I think Sam falls off the podium. There's no way he didn't push crazy hard biking almost 2 minutes faster than Lionel.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep LS putting time on Sam already, maybe 20+ seconds ahead looking at tracker. Cannot see Hansen closing 3 minutes in 16km or so.
Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lonniecdams wrote:
Follow Talbot Cox on Instagram and he is doing series/stories. If it wasn't for Talbot Tri would be losing followers, he is entrepreneur for sure. He needs to get paid!

Talbot plus Kenny Withrow plus the ProTriNews feeds have gone a little dark.

Ironman - don't censor these guys for coverage - if you won't do it - let others at least cover the race for free!!!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Yep LS putting time on Sam already, maybe 20+ seconds ahead looking at tracker. Cannot see Hansen closing 3 minutes in 16km or so.

Sam did say that this is his C race

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At the 4.7 mile mark Sam has stopped the bleeding vs. LS. Actually made up a little time.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
Only 10 seconds faster through the 2.4mi split. Pretty sure Lionel has this easy, and I think Sam falls off the podium. There's no way he didn't push crazy hard biking almost 2 minutes faster than Lionel.

I would agree, but thus far am impressed at how well Sam has held on. He is not losing time.
Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [JasonGeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good run for Sam. Do we think Lionel is hiding some in the tank for when Matt gets closer and tries to surge?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
At the 4.7 mile mark Sam has stopped the bleeding vs. LS. Actually made up a little time.

Sam holding steady at 19 seconds back, this could shape up to be a great race. Matt Hanson 3 minutes back with 15km to go, I think that's a lot to make up. Kanute holding strong and he came back in the latter stages of the race in Miami.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to the tracker, Lionel’s avg run pace so far is 5:04/mile and Hanson 4:59/mile. No way either are sustainable, that’s like a 1:06 half.
Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IanH wrote:
According to the tracker, Lionel’s avg run pace so far is 5:04/mile and Hanson 4:59/mile. No way either are sustainable, that’s like a 1:06 half.

Wonder if the latest section was uphill a little. Both LS and SL's trackers dropped the average a lot after last update , and lionel put a few more seconds back into him

Edit - NM, half a km later and next update is back to a 5:03/mile pace. Crazy. And Sam 30 seconds back
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Apr 11, 21 7:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it was. I’m finding it really hard to judge their pace. It’s all over the place watching the tracker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
30 second lead now
Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm curious to see how Kanute finishes. I wonder if he will negative split. He came on strong at the end of Challenge Miami. I don't think he catches Lionel but he could manage 2nd and hold off Hanson?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a shame there's no video, sounds like it's could be an epic battle on the run over the last half - hopefully somebody is able to post something on youtube afterwards

CementBottle wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

Sam holding steady at 19 seconds back, this could shape up to be a great race. Matt Hanson 3 minutes back with 15km to go, I think that's a lot to make up. Kanute holding strong and he came back in the latter stages of the race in Miami.
Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [dhpflyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hansen has 10km left to pull back 2.5 minutes... Not gonna happen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [dhpflyn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Galveston 70.3 Race Day Banter [Jason AZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he does as well. I’m surprised he hasn’t put into Sam Long yet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frequently the distances the tracker has set between the mats is not exactly right. For the really short intervals it can be off by a large percentage. So the calculated pace is often pretty wrong.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ed. That’s what I’m seeing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea, he is the only one now gaining any ground on Sanders but it's not much per split. I think he's going to run out of pavement before catching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Frequently the distances the tracker has set between the mats is not exactly right. For the really short intervals it can be off by a large percentage. So the calculated pace is often pretty wrong.

Exactly we use the distances provide to us but if they are off by 200-300m it can greatly affect the pace, we have 18 detection points out there!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next