Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gaining 3 pounds in a week
Quote | Reply
So recently I had surgery and I couldn't work out for a week and it's been a week now and I've checked the scale and I've gained 3 POUNDS! before the surgery I was doing 20 hours of training a week and I'm slowly getting back into training. On the week off I was doing a bunch of walking and decreased my diet. Do y'all know what happened that I gained weight so fast I look visibly fatter. Was my body in like a starvation mode
Quote Reply
Re: Gaining 3 pounds in a week [Rayan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just think you body was able to catch up and took this opportunity to top of your glycogen stores. Also status post surgery there could be some degree of inflammation making you puffy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That seems like nothing. I gained 10lbs in a week after my clavicle surgery, now I was slamming del taco and ice cream.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Water and poop. Go for a run, and take a dump. 3 days and all will return to normal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve gone from 181.8lbs this morning to 193.0lbs

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rayan wrote:
So recently I had surgery and I couldn't work out for a week and it's been a week now and I've checked the scale and I've gained 3 POUNDS! before the surgery I was doing 20 hours of training a week and I'm slowly getting back into training. On the week off I was doing a bunch of walking and decreased my diet. Do y'all know what happened that I gained weight so fast I look visibly fatter. Was my body in like a starvation mode

You're kidding right? We ate pizza last Saturday night and my weight went from 145lbs post workout and sauna midday Saturday to 150lbs by Sunday morning. Thats 5lbs in one day. 3lbs over a week is nothing if youre not training, sweating and pooping as much. Just a little bit of inflammation as a byproduct of the surgery could result in puffiness and weight gain of a few lbs. Chill dude...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My 17 year old son is a wrestler and can easily lose 5 pounds in a day and half.

I have also seen him lose 2 pounds in 30 minutes.

Relax.
Quote Reply
Re: Gaining 3 pounds in a week [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
My 17 year old son is a wrestler and can easily lose 5 pounds in a day and half.

I have also seen him lose 2 pounds in 30 minutes.

Relax.

That’s a big dump 💩
Quote Reply
Re: Gaining 3 pounds in a week [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeti racer wrote:
I just think you body was able to catch up and took this opportunity to top of your glycogen stores. Also status post surgery there could be some degree of inflammation making you puffy.
All this.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I "gain" 3+ pounds every day. It's mostly just water weight as your body is sweating less and storing more carbohydrates. Don't worry about it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rayan wrote:

3 pounds? I lose 3 pounds sleeping over night. I'm back up by the evening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What has the weather been like where you live?
For me, changes in temperature and humidity can play with my weight to the tune of 3-4 lb. Especially when seasons are changing and it gets cooler.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha brings me back to my bodybuilding days when I would have an out of control binge day nearing the end of my cut and gain 15 pounds in 24hrs. Your body needs water weight to digest carbs especially since your body is filling up those glycogen stores. When I'm tapering/carb loading for a race I gain 3-5 pounds. 3 pounds would take a 10,500 calorie surplus to get gained as fat so unless you are eating 1500cals over your maintenance everyday then its not fat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chill Winston. I'll loose and gain more than that on a long ride or run day.

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply