Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GURU Aero'ti (Tri'ti)
Quote | Reply
Anybody seen this beauty in real?
Or maybe someone has even ridden one?

This looks like, it's exactly what I've been waiting for.

I would appreciate any experiences, comments on that bike (Aero'ti) or the Tri'ti, although that's not really the one I'd buy but seems to have a lot in common with the real deal.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: GURU Aero'ti (Tri'ti) [agret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but I was looking at it on their web site. Do you know what their pricing is like for it?

I have a 2003 QR Tequilo and their Trilite frame looks identical to my frame...did they buy the design from QR?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen this bike in person. In my opinion, no one else in the indurstry is offering anything like it- titanium aero tubed bike with carbon rear and wheel cutout in the seat tube as well as pretty beefy chainstays.

We've sold Guru for a while and my primary tri bikes right now are a new '04 Guru Tri-Lite and a P3.

We are very impressed with Guru. The parts kits are excellent, straightforward and a relatively "pure" spec (no house brand stuff). Frame workmanship is, well, you'll have to see for yourself. It is super nice. They are also using some tubing and construction techniques (such as the dedaccai tubing and black box rear end assembly) that, as far as I know, no one else is using.

Our impression is Guru is a notch or two above everyone else right now in overall workmanship (finish, quality of welds, etc.) and is doing some solid design and using some unique materials. That sets them apart.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: GURU Aero'ti (Tri'ti) [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know what's going on with these Canuks. Guru, Cervelo, Argon - they're making some darn decent tri bikes all of a sudden!
Quote Reply
Re: GURU Aero'ti (Tri'ti) [trent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, enough lurking.

I priced this bike out with one of the LBS where I live. These are regular list prices in Canadian dollars, for the bike with the GURU spec'd kit on their website, from what I recall (didn't write them down as I suffered a mild case of sticker shock at the time). Your mileage with your LBS and any discount they may give you will vary.

Aero'Ti with Ultegra was about $7700, DA 9sp was around $8200, DA 10sp didn't ask.

Tri'Ti with Ultegra was something around $5500.

Since Tom has seen these bikes for real, I have a question for him. Are they using internal cable routing? I can't really tell from any of the published photos. Thanks.

Andrew
Last edited by: AJK: Jan 2, 04 12:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now the obvious question. If I would order a Aero'Ti now what would you charge? Does that include custom? What about an extra bottle holder on the downtube?

Do you ship to Boulder Colorado?

PS: I'm interested in the DA10 speed version
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't know, not sure, no and nope. We only sell bikes in the store. No mail order. There should be some pretty good (great!) shops out there in Boulder. Ask Jim Potter (who built Tim DeBoom's bike, he and I worked together for years) at DelVecchio's where to go. Jim Potter is the man.

Also, check Dan's list and use the dealer list on the Guru website at gurubikes.com

Best of luck.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the quick reply...there are good stores in and around Boulder but not that sell Gurus, does that do are not great and I'd need that if I put 7 big ones on the table!

one thing we agree though, Jim is the man!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bicycle village in aurora sells guru. I know it's a big box store...and i don't trust everyone that works there, but talk to scott(manager). he knows his stuff. he's done several ironmans and rides a titanium QR. full tri-geek bike nerd. and eric is pretty good too. they have good prices on guru as well.

luke
Quote Reply
Re: GURU Aero'ti (Tri'ti) [luke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks...now that's good info...I would never have set a foot in that store:-)
Quote Reply