Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: GET FAST: 2 hrs per day/~14 hrs per week/~750 hrs per year, 56 hrs sleep per week, ~6% body fat [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Jonathan22 wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
And the ones who did that while getting enough sleep and keeping or getting body composition low and doing nothing stupid to get injured, they really rocked it.

On body composition, what is your best advice?

No nutritionist here, but by and large, my 2 cents is to eat from the outside aisles of the grocery store, and try to get the bulk of your calories in the first half of the day. Couple that with 14 hours per week of training and sufficient sleep and you get lean pretty fast....cut out refined sugars...no sodas for sure, black coffee etc. Limit deserts to a few treats per week, good fats only, cut out sat fats....what else did I miss? Eat as much as you want during workout and as little as possible after ~8 pm.

Are you saying only black coffee or no coffee? If no coffee, you and I can't be friends.
Quote Reply
Re: GET FAST: 2 hrs per day/~14 hrs per week/~750 hrs per year, 56 hrs sleep per week, ~6% body fat [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Glad I could help! I'll be doing this tomorrow before my swim. But instead of making anything I'll grab a stroopwafle from the cabinet and get my bags ready then head out. Let me know how it goes!

I just wanted to report back that after trying this for 2 days, I am way faster getting going to the workout and my runs have required less warmup time. I am coming off a lumbar spine/nerve issue and not sitting down at all in the morning before working out is actually really helping. Now I know why I can get going so much faster when away from home and on biz travel and I just do everything standing up in my hotel room vs sitting down for breakfast at home. I'll keep at this.
Quote Reply
Re: GET FAST: 2 hrs per day/~14 hrs per week/~750 hrs per year, 56 hrs sleep per week, ~6% body fat [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad it seems to have worked! For me my biggest issue with sitting down is I tend to check Facebook, then twitter, then instagram, then ST. And that takes so much time. But if I am standing I do none of that because I am getting little things done before I head out.

devashish_paul wrote:
jrielley wrote:
Glad I could help! I'll be doing this tomorrow before my swim. But instead of making anything I'll grab a stroopwafle from the cabinet and get my bags ready then head out. Let me know how it goes!

I just wanted to report back that after trying this for 2 days, I am way faster getting going to the workout and my runs have required less warmup time. I am coming off a lumbar spine/nerve issue and not sitting down at all in the morning before working out is actually really helping. Now I know why I can get going so much faster when away from home and on biz travel and I just do everything standing up in my hotel room vs sitting down for breakfast at home. I'll keep at this.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great reading and really inspiring - not to make it more complicated.

29 y/o - getting back in the sport after some years away.
Hoping to race some great 70.3 in 2017 and 2018, and then move to 140.6!

I have a son - 20 months, but not living with his mom. He is at my house 1 evening a week, and every other weekend. Making my weekly schedule, a 2-week schedule.

With the "2 hrs per day/Barry P run/Brett Sutton Swim" - my plan would look like this - almost only able to train in the morning, due to work:

Monday: 60 min bike (2x20 @70.3) + 60 min run (off bike - slow pace)
Tuesday: 60 min swim (Endurance / 4 Work : 1 rest) + 60 min bike (3x10 @FTP) + 30 min run (PM - slow pace)
Wednesday: 60 min swim (Heart Rate / 3:2) + 60 min run (slow pace)
Thursday: 90 min bike (3x20 @140.6) + 30 min run (off bike - slow pace)
Friday: 40 min swim (Speed / 1:3) + 60 min run (tempo)
Saturday (weekend without my son): 60 min swim (Long/Easy) + 180 min bike (@Z2) + 30 min run (off bike - slow pace)
Sunday (weekend without my son): 90 min bike (3x20 @140.6) + 90 min run (off bike - slow)

Monday: 90 min swim (Long/Easy) + 30 min run (slow pace)
Tuesday: 60 min swim (Heart Rate / 3:2) + 60 min run (tempo)
Wednesday: 60 min bike (4x4 @VO2) + 30 min run (off bike - slow pace)
Thursday: 40 min swim (Speed / 1:3) + 60 min bike (2x20 @70.3) + 30 min run (off bike - slow)
Friday: 60 min swim (Endurance / 4:1) + 90 min run (slow pace)
Saturday (weekend with son): 90-120 min bike @Z2 - when he is sleeping
Sunday (weekend with son): No training / Rest Day

Swimming in the 2 weeks:
8 times - 7 hours and 50 minutes
2 speed sessions
2 endurance/race pace sessions
2 Heart rate/VO2 sessions
2 longer aerocis sessions

Biking in the 2 weeks:
8 times - 12 hours
2 70.3 sessions
2 140.6 sessions
2 "long" Z2 sessions
1 FTP session
1 VO2 session

Running in the 2 weeks:
12 times - 10 hours
6 short slow sessions
2 medium slow sessions
2 medium tempo sessions
2 long slow sessions

All feedback and inputs will be appreciated :)
Thanks!

---
Long Distance PB: 8:25
Instagram: larsschmidttri
Quote Reply

Prev Next