Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

GARMIN hack help needed
Quote | Reply
 .. setting up AppBuilder5 from Garmin Connect I'd like to read pedalpowerbalance delivered by my Power2Max S with left/right percentage in a data field on a EDGE 130 .. AppBuilder5 has many options to calculate custom formulas and read raw data .. since it doesn't work for me so far my question is .. help to find the correct expression for the formula field in AppBuilder5 .. ore if there is any software limitation to display pedalpowerbalance in the device ??

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: Aug 22, 20 21:32
Quote Reply
Re: GARMIN hack help needed [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sausskross wrote:
.. setting up AppBuilder5 from Garmin Connect I'd like to read pedalpowerbalance delivered by my Power2Max S with left/right percentage in a data field on a EDGE 130 .. AppBuilder5 has many options to calculate custom formulas and read raw data .. since it doesn't work for me so far my question is .. help to find the correct expression for the formula field in AppBuilder5 .. ore if there is any software limitation to display pedalpowerbalance in the device ??

Power2Max does not measure left/right percentage. AppBuilder5 cannot display things which do not exist.
Last edited by: longtrousers: Aug 23, 20 2:51
Quote Reply
Re: GARMIN hack help needed [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Navi2Coach gets the pedalpowerbalance metric that is calculated from my Power2Max S since more than 3k hours .. shows it in a data field on the display and stores it in the fit file .. and GoldenCheetah shows the graph in left/right percentage over distance ore time .. but the GPS on that old head unit is frequently useless .. oSo >>

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Aug 23, 20 6:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:

Power2Max does not measure left/right percentage. AppBuilder5 cannot display things which do not exist.

The Type S and the NG give L/R balance. For the NGeco it's an upgrade.
Last edited by: trail: Aug 23, 20 6:36
Quote Reply
Re: GARMIN hack help needed [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
longtrousers wrote:

Indeed I was incorrect. To be more precise, I remember DC Rainmaker said the left/right data of power2max is not measured but estimated so rather useless. Read his indepth review.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
Indeed I was incorrect. To be more precise, I remember DC Rainmaker said the left/right data of power2max is not measured but estimated so rather useless. Read his indepth review.

It's true that all spider-based measurement of L/R makes can't independently measure L/R independently. I wouldn't call it "useless," though.
Quote Reply
Re: GARMIN hack help needed [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
longtrousers wrote:

I think longtrousers is attempting to wittily point out that the power2max don't provide true L/R balance because it uses the power in different phases to get that metric (i.e., Left = left push + right pull).

Edit: missed the replies.
Last edited by: aravilare: Aug 23, 20 7:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.. for rebuilding cycling after a femur fracture [in one leg] the calculated left/right balance was a killer feature .. and because sometimes the legs feel still different it still is to get the work load more balanced if it slips to one side .. oSo >>

___/\___/\___/\___
Quote Reply
Re: GARMIN hack help needed [sausskross] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.. looks like pedalpowerbalance is the correct object class and there is a software limitation anywhere in the EDGE 130 .. so far I'll just drop the old [and capable] device in the jersey pocket time by time to get the metric on visual display .. oSo >> ore if there is some one with an idea how to implement the pedalpowerbalance metric in a EDGE 130 and it's fit file, thank you !!

___/\___/\___/\___
Last edited by: sausskross: Aug 26, 20 21:14
Quote Reply