Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

G-Push taste update.
Quote | Reply
We got our first G-Push order in today including some free samples (anyone around here who wants to try it stop by)and we all mixed some up and tried the G2 Momentum. It tastes pretty darn good, maybe the best of second best tasting sports drink I have tried. My other preferences are most of the Cytomax flavors. Now, given, we were standing around drinking cold sports drink in a nice, 70 degree room- not in 88 degree heat with 4 hour old hot sports drink in it- but I have to say: This stuff tastes great. No complaints. I'm impressed- I'll be more impressed if I like it when I try it during some long workouts.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: G-Push taste update. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree regarding the taste. I find G1 refreshing during a workout and don't get tired of the taste. The closer to water with a bit of lemon flavor the beter for me.
Quote Reply
Re: G-Push taste update. [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Calgary, eh.

You train with a club in town?

You get your G-Push from Bob (Athlete's Edge)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered the free GPUSH sample pack this week from their website and looking forward to trying it this weekend. I'll let you know.
Quote Reply
Re: G-Push taste update. [Greg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greg,

I do get the G-push from Bob at Athlete's Edge. Nice to have a shop in town with their selection and knowledge. Was in talking to Bob Tuesday when I stoped in for another tub of Endurox.

I swim with the Y triathlon swim group downtown, cycle with Peak Power at Sait (they also do VO2Max testing) and run out of the Glenmore Landing Running Room.

How about you, what club in town do you train with?

Brent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody who has used Endurox/Accelerade combo...How does G-Push measure up? I have been very impressed with the E/A combo...especially on recovery and taste.

Daniel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a pretty bad experience with G-Push (I've since referred to it as "GI-Distress") at Wildflower 2001. While I liked the taste, it just didn't settle well. I've given it a few other tries in training with similar results. I'm not really sure why.

However, the experience was a good one...I now ALWAYS carry my own sports drink at races.

I'll stick with Cytomax...Tastes good, mixes well, and has buffers which keep the legs feeling fresh.

http://wattieink.com/elite-team/
Raising funds to help wounded veterans and racing RAAM 2013 with http://team4mil.org/
"If you are gonna charge... CHARGE HARD!"
Quote Reply
Re: G-Push taste update. [textrirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a slight stomach issue with G-Push as well. But give it a try, the stomach thing is dependent on the person. IMHO it tastes MUCH better than Accelerade and Endurox, which is what I use.
Quote Reply
Re: G-Push taste update. [puskas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Puskas,

I know a couple people that tried G-Push and had bad cramping. One friend of mine tried it during a marathon and felt so bad she took over an hour longer than expected to finish.

Like every product, it works for some people and not for others.

Daniel,

I use Endurox and am so happy with it that I haven't tried G4. I use G1 for short distance, switch to G1 & Cliff shots for longer distance and use Endurox for recovery. I find G2, G3, Accelerade and any other product containing Maltodextrin hard on my stomach so can't use them.
Quote Reply