Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Front wheel suggestions for P2K
Quote | Reply
I damaged my Ritchey DS front wheel when I crashed in a local Tri this weekend. I would like to replace it for less than $400. Any suggestions on how to decide on a new wheel? I'm obviously pretty new to the sport, 165lbs, need wheel for training and racing. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Front wheel suggestions for P2K [cgottesman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of good second hand Hed wheels on ebay. You could run a Hed Deep on the rear and a Hed CPX or Jet 60 on the front. Should only cost around $400. for the pair.
Quote Reply
Re: Front wheel suggestions for P2K [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cerveloguy, you are reading my mind. That's exactly the setup I will be running on next season (Deep rear & Jet 60 front) . I picked them both up on Ebay recently for a little over $400 + shipping. But I wouldn't train on them - not on my roads. For a bomber proof training/racing wheel, I hear Velomax or Velocity Spartacus are very good and a lot less than $400 per wheel.

put the mettle to the pedal
Quote Reply
Re: Front wheel suggestions for P2K [brettc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife uses the Deep/CPX combo. Bought them both secondhand. I use a Jet 60 front with a rear disc, also bought secondhand.
Quote Reply
Re: Front wheel suggestions for P2K [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought the Zipp 404's for racing, and when I decide to replace my Richey's I will most likely go with the Kysrium SSC SL'S. I would like to go with the Kysrium's now however have a hard time justifin it with good Richey's

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Re: Front wheel suggestions for P2K [cgottesman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the great input. I will check out eBay. I'm leaning toward HED.
Quote Reply