Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Front hydration - straw location
Quote | Reply
Feels like such a ridiculous thing to ask about, but where do you place your front/bar-mounted water systems? I have a straw that I've shortened, but it's always in my face when i put my head down and it annoys me (pic: https://i.imgur.com/ugucNJv.jpg). Do others normally mount them closer so it's near the neck or farther forward? I've also seen people use a longer straw that can be held down when not in use. Thoughts?
Last edited by: mdsfx: Sep 3, 18 6:45
Quote Reply
Re: Front hydration - straw location [mdsfx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally I use a longer straw that enters the bottle on the end closest to my body and I secure it at the leading edge of the bottle with a magnet. That makes it very easy for me to lift the straw to my mouth and put it back down in one quick motion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what the answer is for you, other than switching to a different bta setup, but that would really annoy me too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why so long? With that bta bottle you could probably cut the straw down so that only the valve is sticking out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The longer straw on the FC35 has a clasp to keep it down.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best BTA I have used. Filling, straw at front and on a hinge. Shits all over the Xlab Torpedo.

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/type/hydration/drinking-system-ds1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my xlabs bta has a little mount on the top of the bottle that holds the straw down when not in use. when its out and up its pretty much perfect height.

i had an profile design FC35 but i didnt like the mount's design compared to the xlabs. it held the straw right on the upper side which would rub the inside of my arm (due to my arm position).

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply