Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frodeno & Keinle interview in Girona
Quote | Reply
Just came across this interview with Frodeno & Keinle in Girona. Would be awesome if one of the german speakers in the forum could give us an exec summary in english of the main points. Tried the closed caption in english, but the translation made no sense. Thanks and Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_WgizQzy-g
Quote Reply
Re: Frodeno & Keinle interview in Girona [Alfredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in short interview by sportschau which is one of the biggest mainstreem sport tv programs .
not much said in the intverview
they train not really toghether as they train after their each programme but plan to do a few sessions togehter.
in the interview its sounds like they meet more for expressos and dinners than training.

they were talking about rivarly between the top germans. frodo got a nice dig in saying that this is not about team frodo and kienle and lange and dreitz ...
they each fight on their own.

frodo did say that lange likely has prolonged his career as he has thought a few times he could live without racing now.

so not much said so really the only news is that tri in germany has made it into the "gossip" news as it was more about the rivalry between the currently german kona champs, and showing sponsors on tv .
Quote Reply
Re: Frodeno & Keinle interview in Girona [Alfredo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here's a transcript for the non-execs among us...

------

Narrator
Girona, hotspot for the triathlon elite - when meeting up with the 2xWorldChamp Jan Frodeno (who also lives in Girona) and the 2014 Champ Sebastian Kienle for a coffee, then one must simply be excited for this premier of a coffee-meeting of the stars of triathlon.

K:
Jan has invited me previously. I had only known Girona in passing (through the industrial area).
After the first 2 days I have to say: My opinion about Girona has changed quite a bit.

Q:
Obviously you are not strictly speaking training together since individual plans are too specific, but is it a sign that you are closer buddies?

F:
No need for labeling it, we get along well and like to meet up for a coffee or dinner. We're both in the business for a while now and have our separate plans, so naturally won't turn everything over to have a common camp. But I'm still a little kaputt from our last ride since Sebi has - at the moment - a few Watts more on the pedals than me.

Q:
What did you ride?

K:
Just to make one thing clear: It would be very cheeky to come down here into the hunting grounds of "the boss" [Frodeno laughs] and start off by imposing my plan on him.
My new coach is giving me a little less freedoms in my plan than what I was used to, but last week he wasn't here yet, so we managed to get some stuff in together. But in the future it will work out a couple of more times I hope.

F: I think it was our first shared session since...? 2002?
K: Yeah, seems right

Q: So what can the triathlon-community look forward to this year? In my notes I see at least three occasions where the 3 active world champions cross swords.
How excited are you for this season, how do those races play into your season plan?

K: 3? really?
Q: Frankfurt, Nice, Hawaii?

K:Then you know more than me. Frankfurt and Hawaii is clear.
In general I think it is a very cool situation for our sport in Germany. Jan and Patrick especially in the last couple of years have brought a lot of attention to our sport also in the mainstream media. And now for the first time we will be competing in the same race also in front of a German audience. It will be cool and I hope to be in a position to play a role in the race and not only watch from behind.

F: Well, you started the whole deal, so don't sand-bag too much here - after all you were the first of us to win in Hawaii.
I have to say I am also not sure yet about Nice. Will have to have a look - It is supposed to be a hilly course [sebi pinches Frodos arm-"fat"], yeah [laughs] so some of my skin-folds will have to get a little thinner but I think Frankfurt is a good place to start. A home race where I also have to say that in this point in my career I also have to be thankful that I'm still in the game. I have thought about calling it quits once or twice in the past but I think I have to thank Patrick in that regard, because he's managed to tickle my ambition a little so that I definitely want to give it my all once more and bide for the win.

Q: Is this kind of a "2 against Lange"-situation? You guys have both said it is a little bit personal and he's motivating the both of you in a special way.

F: No I think everybody is still doing their own thing here. And [when it comes to statements about Patrick] I haven't sided with Sebi explicitly but more so just stated my own individual opinion, which seems to be in line with Sebi's to a large extent. But it is not a team Kienle/Frodeno vs. team Lange/Dreitz situation. Everybody want's to win and that's why it is so exciting.

Q (to Sebi): How does Patrick factor into your motivation?:

K: I have to say I was surprised about the echo (about the pre-Kona smak-talk), because for years I heard that people found it boring when we were all to nice to each other. I don't play any games or think what I could say to fuel the flames or anything. Somebody asked me a straight up question in an interview about some things and I told them my opinion. In fact it wasn't even an opinion so much as mostly facts. Again, I was surprised about the echo, but if the media likes these kind of stories it is probably not to the detriment of our sport. In the end the real duels should be on the course and there we should show what we got.

Narrator:
Kienle is in the progress of working his way back to old strength. Frodeno is in a similar situation in what could be his last career year. We will try to keep up and hold the back wheel of triathlon's world elite.

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Last edited by: flogazo: Apr 15, 19 3:11
Quote Reply
Re: Frodeno & Keinle interview in Girona [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for sharing.
Quote Reply
Re: Frodeno & Keinle interview in Girona [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many thanks PK and Flogazo.

Cheers.