Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Friends, Slowtwitchers, The Insane lend me your ears!
Quote | Reply
I used to collect Little Homies latin inspired figures. I beg anyone who also collects them to stop now and incourage anyone who will listen to boycott them.

Two of the newer figures are about to release thier Pitbulls to fight each other.

As a dog lover and Pitbull defender I am horrified and will now for the first time in my life boycott something.

Fellow dog nuts will you join me?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Friends, Slowtwitchers, The Insane lend me your ears! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when I was growing up all we had were those green army men ...
Quote Reply
Re: Friends, Slowtwitchers, The Insane lend me your ears! [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did ever dig in the yard and find the ones you lost the previous summer?

Quote Reply
Re: Friends, Slowtwitchers, The Insane lend me your ears! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my dog ate most of them, I think there was some kind of flavor additive in that green plastic
Quote Reply
Re: Friends, Slowtwitchers, The Insane lend me your ears! [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me and my boy Richard used to have massive slaughter with those guys. They melted great!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and if you held them up, the dripping plastic made the coolest "zoooop" sound
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We used to tape firecrackers to them

Quote | Reply
Next you're going to tell me to throw out my "bag of broken glass" which my nephews play with.

You are heartless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that is too good. saran wrap did the same thing.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Me and my boy Richard used to have massive slaughter with those guys. They melted great!

So simulated massive slaughter, immolation = OK, but reference to a cultural activity = not OK.

You are referring to Dave Gonzalez art?

No problem with this one, cuz it is only people, or maybe because it is only Spanish people (who are not "like me")?

[Hey Tibbs--its 10:47AM--wake up--its time to fight!!!]

Last edited by: Monk: Jul 9, 05 7:49
Quote Reply
Re: Friends, Slowtwitchers, The Insane lend me your ears! [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you calling dog fighting a culture activity? Are you comparing dog fighting with 10 year old playing army?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibb's
http://www.homies.tv/home.htm
Those little figures are interesting.
Do you think Latins would be insulted by them?
I mean they do "profile" , don't you agree?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

"As a dog lover and Pitbull defender I am horrified and will now for the first time in my life boycott something.

Fellow dog nuts will you join me?"

I guess no one else has the guts to say it to your face Tibbs, but a Pit bull is not a dog. It is a loaded weapon waiting to accidentally go off. You lament the figurines, but all they do is glorify the very reason that monstrosity of breeding even exists.

I am a dog lover, but as I said I am also a student of breeding and I know what happens when certain traits are magnified to the point they over ride the very nature of a dog. Dogs are companion animals that were domesticated to be a help to humanity. Pit bulls were bred with every intention of them meeting another animal in the ring and fighting until mutilation or death.

I personally believe they shouldn't all immediately be put down unless they have shown behaviors that can be construed as aggressive towards any human being. But I would wholly back a mandatory sterilization of all remaining animals. There are many good breeds out there, even those that should satisfy the desire to have a dog with pugilistic temperament. But those breeds know they are dogs and can be controlled by their masters and mistresses. A balanced dog is one that makes the connection between itself and it’s position in the hierarchy of the human/dog relationship, and that includes children and small statured individuals as well.

I would be very interested in you defense of the breed and your justification for it’s continued existence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
now you're calling yourself dog nuts? weird weird man
Quote Reply
Re: Friends, Slowtwitchers, The Insane lend me your ears! [roadfused] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never spent much time around Pits or bothered to research the breed I see. Rumor and the media are all the info you ned.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs,

I love animals as well, BUT Pit Bulls are not healthy and stable animals, While some of it has to do with the owners there is just too much death associated with pit bull maulings. They are banned down here in dade county and hopefully other counties will follow, they are even banned in other countries as well, here is what Germany has to say about them.

"Dangerous Dog Legislation" of Hessen, Germany, states:

Pit bulls, Amstaffs, Staffordshire Bull terriers, American Bulldogs, Bandogs, Bull Terriers, and Mastiffs are all labeled "fighting dogs" and are on the "Dangerous Dog List."

consequences include:

Dogs must undergo a 5-hour, $500 temperament test. If your dog fails, YOUR DOG IS TAKEN FROM YOU AND EUTHANIZED. If your dog passes, you must then prove that you have a "just interest" for owning the dog and file a petition to keep the dog. IF permission is granted, your dog must be MUZZLED IN PUBLIC AT ALL TIMES, spayed/neutered and only walked/handled by someone age 18 or older. You must post "Warning Dangerous Dog" signs. Breeding, buying, selling, or giving away a dog of this breed is prohibited. Similar laws exist in England. Laws which have been proven not to affect dog bite statistics.

I think the germans have it right.

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Re: Friends, Slowtwitchers, The Insane lend me your ears! [Spencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No the latins are not insulted by them. The creator is Latin and everyone in my 100% Mexican dock crew collects them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I said that dog fighting is an activity of a cultural nature (this is not the same as being high culture), like bull-fighting, cock-fighting and the picture I showed you by the same artist who does the homie stuff, of beheading a Spaniard, and playing cowboys and indians, and blowing up little soldiers, and playing with dolls. Its all heritage. I guess this is part you don't like. Me neither.
Last edited by: Monk: Jul 9, 05 15:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Never spent much time around Pits or bothered to research the breed I see. Rumor and the media are all the info you ned.

Oh, you don't think I have any experience do you? And the all encompassing plea of "media bias". You know that's not a code line you can use that will get you a "Kings X".

Just hype? Tell that to the eight year old down the street, he would be "all ears," that is if he still had two.

I'm still waiting for your defense of the breed and not trite responses.
Quote Reply
Re: Friends, Slowtwitchers, The Insane lend me your ears! [Heavy D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got any number to back up your argument?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Got any number to back up your argument?

Safety and legal issues

Of the 199 dog-attack fatalities in the USA between 1979 and 1996, dogs identified as pit bulls were responsible for 60 attacks—just under a third. The next most-dangerous group was Rottweilers, responsible for 29 attacks (statistics from the CDC)

Where's your reply Tibbs?
Last edited by: roadfused: Jul 9, 05 16:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Friends, Slowtwitchers, The Insane lend me your ears! [roadfused] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No answer Tibbs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Tibbs,

Here’s a few more “RUMORS” and media “MISINFORMATION.” It’s amazing what lies the family of a dead or mauled child will spin…

http://www.delawaretroopers.org/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/02/18/42314caff349a

http://www.sciencedaily.com/upi/?feed=TopNews&article=UPI-1-20050404-16305800-bc-us-mauled.xml

http://www.cracklog.com/12yearOldMauledByPitbulls

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/06/06/national/main699773.shtml

http://dogsnot.net/mt/archives/000283.html

http://www.dogexpert.com/FatalDogAttacks/2005/MI2005.htm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The more I read, the less important the "Little Homies" seem to be to me.

Shall I post more Tibbs? Those were relatively recent reports. I'm sure I could find some even more horrific ones. Perhaps you should attempt to contact those families and tell them just how delude they are.

I'd link you to the story about kid I spoke of first, but he's suffered enough already.
Quote Reply

Prev Next