Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

France 70.3 WC 2019
Quote | Reply
http://www.ironman.com/triathlon/news/articles/2017/04/nice-world-championship-announcement.aspx#axzz4ekPqkiwn

Can't wait to see the bike course

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Last edited by: hadukla: Apr 20, 17 5:38
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 2019 [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might want to add 70.3 World Championship somewhere to your title.

Only because someone else is going to post the exact same thing in the next 10 minutes.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty surprised 2019 is not in China (or Asia at least). I thought they were going to start a 3 year rotation: North America, Europe, Asia/Oceania. So will 2020 be back in the Americas or in the Eastern part of the world?

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 2019 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done, thanks!

I noticed after posting they also are adding a regular 70.3 in 2018 as well, which works out for me because I am not fast enough to qualify :)

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 2019 [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:

Only because someone else is going to post the exact same thing in the next 10 minutes.

I really gotta get myself fixed up for 2018 and 2019.....these are my two favourite cities to race in (Port Elizabeth and Nice)!!!
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 WC 2019 [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice! (see what I did there?) Anyone want to take a stab at when the cutoff for qualifiers will be? Is it a month in advance?

Cheers!

Munq
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 WC 2019 [Darkwing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surprised no one has commented on the flagrant Drafting going on in the photo atop the article

DQs all round!
Last edited by: plumber250: Apr 20, 17 8:14
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 WC 2019 [plumber250] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plumber250 wrote:
Surprised no one has commented on the flagrant Drafting going on in the photo atop the article

DQs all round!

It's a really hilly/mountainous course. That will stop all the drafting at the 70.3 WC.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 WC 2019 [plumber250] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plumber250 wrote:

DQs all round!

I noticed but just didn't say anything........

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 2019 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

I really gotta get myself fixed up for 2018 and 2019.....these are my two favourite cities to race in (Port Elizabeth and Nice)!!!

I only heard about this today...announcement came out while I was at IMTX and I completely missed it. The finalists for 2018 were Port Elizabeth, Nice and Budapest. I never heard anything about finalists for 2019 so it sounds like they made a direct award based on the previous list. What are the odds now that Budapest might get it for 2020 before they rotate out of Europe in 2021?
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 2019 [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be willing to bet that China is high on the priority list for 2020

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
I'd be willing to bet that China is high on the priority list for 2020

I am willing to bet that a lot of people would have made that bet for 2019 and would have been wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 2019 [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True, and I hope I am wrong as well

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet! I will not pass up a slot to this destination!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
True, and I hope I am wrong as well

Here are my thoughts and my biases. :)

1) I don't have a clue what WTC will actually do for 2020.
2) It would not surprise me in the least if they picked China given Wanda is located there, nor will I be surprised if they pass on it.
3) I don't think China would be as attractive a venue as just about anywhere else; and at their heart Wanda is all about the money.
4) They might want to wait until the 70.3s are more established in China before hosting a WC.
5) They might want to put in the WC right away in China to help draw folks to the other 70.3s in China (chicken and egg thing)
6) I don't want to go to Nice and I don't want to go to China.
7) I do hope 2020 goes to Budapest under my theory above, and I will go after a slot hard if that happens.
8) If WTC puts it in China for 2020 then I hope Budapest is it for 2021.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What will the qualifying races be for this event?
Historically- is it "easier" to claim a slot later in the race season (closer to Worlds) or early on? or ............ is there no rhyme or reason to it really?
Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 WC 2019 [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Y-Tri wrote:
Historically- is it "easier" to claim a slot later in the race season (closer to Worlds) or early on? or ............ is there no rhyme or reason to it really?
Thx!

That won't be known for quite some time, keep in mind France is 2019, next year it's South Africa and IM hasn't even posted the list of qualifying events for that race even though this year's race has now passed.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it.
We should probably be able to make some fairly good assumptions though no?
Anyway- I'll hang out and wait to see.
thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 WC 2019 [Y-Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still waiting to see the list as I do want to try and qualify for France but not South Africa. Of course, I think there is relatively more roll-downs as you get closer to the race but it also depends on where you are. There were some crazy roll-downs in the US closer to the race caused by both races having a lot of slots (50-75) and pointy ends having already qualified or just plain not interested.

Now that it is out of the US, most races will have 35 slots here. I recorded the Maine 70.3 roll-down (link below) just because I was there and roll-downs happened a lot but not as much as I expected (or was hoping so in my AG :) )

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Maine_70.3_WC_Rolldown_P6406369/?search_string=maine%2070%203#p6406369

Meant to watch the Placid 70.3 roll-down as I was there spectating but was drunk instead. Waiting for someone to chime in on that but it looks like all the STers were busy in Chatt...

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Roll_down_at_Ironman_70.3_Lake_Placid_%26_Overall_thoughts_re_race_P6421930/?search_string=placid%2070%203#p6421930

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hadukla wrote:
Y-Tri wrote:
Thx!

That won't be known for quite some time, keep in mind France is 2019, next year it's South Africa and IM hasn't even posted the list of qualifying events for that race even though this year's race has now passed.

I am confused. The cutoff date is around the end of June. Any 70.3 race between now and June 2018 should be a SA qualifier. After June 2018 it will be for Nice
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 WC 2019 [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
g_lev wrote:
hadukla wrote:
Y-Tri wrote:
Thx!

I am confused. The cutoff date is around the end of June. Any 70.3 race between now and June 2018 should be a SA qualifier. After June 2018 it will be for Nice

yes generally but I have an eye on Racine which is right around that line and I want to wait and see which one is falls for. This is assuming I can actually improve my bike enough by then to be competitive...

I can't remember if it was Muncie or Racine that ended up qualifying for Chatt in 2016 & 2017 but I think that varies slightly each year?

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless Ironman updates it from the 1st edition of the event in 2018, this should be the bike course: https://www.strava.com/routes/15415469

From reading race reports (https://goo.gl/zLKxgF, https://goo.gl/dyS78e, couldn’t find any in English, Google may help you with that?), looks like there are 2 short 500m climbs at 15% around km15, then a 10km climb at 7% average at km30

Cheers
Nico

It doesn't get easier, you just get slower
https://mymsracesironman.home.blog/
Quote Reply
Re: France 70.3 WC 2019 [Kampinou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kampinou wrote:
Unless Ironman updates it from the 1st edition of the event in 2018, this should be the bike course: https://www.strava.com/routes/15415469

Did this end up being what they published as the route?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has a pro start list been released yet or at least a partial?
Quote Reply