France 18 - England 17
Quote | Reply
hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahah

in good fair play :-)

hehe
Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow - I forgot all about this. That makes it two losses in a row for the World Champs.

Vive la France!

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [kiwipat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waiting for a post from jk_allen to explain a loss IN Twickenham!!!
And the French beat England playing like Brits...6 penalties! that's gotta hurt after a loss against Wales ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a gagne, on a gagne!

Now if Wilkinson can stay injured until after the world cup, there is hope :-P
Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [Trifroggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh...I didn't know he wasn't playing...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you guys talking in code?????????

Check out a game going on right now called the pro bowl and get back with me. heheheheehe.

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [Heavy D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's Rugby mate! and btw, LA is hosting an international event of Rugby right now (with 7 players in each team though)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is out for at least another 2 games. He is injured as often as Henri Leconte (that'd be an oft-injured French tennis player in case pro-bowl watchers are wondering :) ). England missed 6 kicks during the game so they may have to send Wilkinson to Terrell Owens' for some inspiration.
Then again all of this may never matter as Lomu is slated for a comeback in June...now that's worth checking the airfare for!
Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [Trifroggy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought he was having kidney failure and was on dialysis?
man, if he's back, it's time to go back down unda! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Francois, great result! Explanation? Ok, (firstly I am only online now as it is 0712 and you posted at 0011ish so I was sleeping) no Johnny Wilkinson so 3rd choice kicker available, hence the number of missed kicks. Secondly, 1/2 of our first choice of hookers are out due to injuries, hence Jason Robinson being captain!! This is a time of rebuilding since three quarters of the squad retired after winning the World Cup.

Thirdly, you played a great second half and deservedly came out winners,as did Wales last week.

Vive La France, Frace pour le 6 nations!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope that will be Ireland for the 6 Nations and Championship -with O'Driscoll and D'Arcy back we will be on top form!

Oh and that is 3 6nations matches in a row lost (France again at end of last season!)

"That which we achieve too easily, we esteem too lightly "Thomas Paine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As an Irishman I was is the unusual position of wanting England to win - that would have put us and Wales clear at the top of the table.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What surprises me is that a few years ago, I would say in the early 90s, we were (I mean french people) bashing the english team for their "only kicking" wins ... things have changed, I guess ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I dont know whats worse, losing to France or being stuck at the bottom of the table with Wales at the top.

We really dont know which one to feel more bitter about. :)
Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now if you realize that you have no sense of fashion, food sucks horribly in England and the weather is just dreadful, you will realize why French think they are so much better than English men ;-)
Last edited by: Francois: Feb 14, 05 6:30
Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [TheBigFrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and we also used to say that using foreign born players was a shame...De Villiers, Liebemberg, and Marsh fixed the problem!
All of a sudden I may have to look for tickets for the 2/28 (or 28/2 for the Euros!) game in Paris!

Francois: http://www.jonahlomu.com/index.php with details about Lomu's comeback.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, will someone please educate me? Who plays in six-nations rugby tournaments? What is the difference between six-nations and the world cup? What is more prestigious, Six-nations or world cup?

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Six-nations : France, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Italy

World Cup : add the southern countries essentially (south Africa, New Zealand, Australia), and some other little countries (Japan, Fidji, ...)

The six-nations tournament, formerly five-nations, is the roots of european rugby ... the world cup is the symbol of modern rugby ... two different competitions !
Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and down south there is the tri nations - SA, Auz and NZ...similar to the six nations however newer.

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
..new world rankings issued today drops England to 6th!! France 4th and Ireland 5th...though I believe SA (3rd) should be behind all 3 of them based on the end of year tour - so not sure how much weight should be place on these..

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [TriGav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gav, Pop quiz question for you:

Name the year that Ireland last completed a Grand Slam? I won't ask when you last won the World Cup! ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know 1948 - that would be slightly embarassing if I were worried about such things....and no, we have not won the world cup but if we can beat England no 6 nations is wasted!

Quote Reply
Re: France 18 - England 17 [TriGav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My feeling is that the Six Nations can be used to try out teams for the next World Cup Campaign, however it would be nice to be able to put out a full team that was first choice and not first choice of uninjured players.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am just surprised at selection - I would play Ollie Smith at o'side centre (especially after his performance on Friday), drop Thompson for Chutter and maybe play Simon Shaw in the 2nd row. Oh and kick your goals that would help - i am surprised at Hogson always seemed that he would take to the big stage - do you wnat to borrow Humphries?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL...I couldn't remember of Ireland ever doing a grand slam since I was born...so I checked...

1948!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next