Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frame Size Question
Quote | Reply
I have a bike fit question for the pros out there. I'm looking for a road bike for my wife who is getting started in cycling this spring. She's 5'9" tall with an inseam of 81cm. I have found a used Bianchi 55 cm (center to top) road bike that has a 55 cm top tube and I'm worried that the frame size might be a bit too big for her. The next size down on this frame size is 53 cm with a top tube of 53.5 cm, which seems a bit too small. Any comments on which frame size would best fit her. Based on her measurments it looks like the frame geometry of these 2 sizes may not fit her.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame Size Question [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Put the bunny back in the box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the sizing guide at http://www.wrenchscience.com

Put the bunny back in the box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Reparto Corse, is your wife's name Celeste? :-)

Why don't you get the shop your buying the bike from fit your wife? Any shop I know would include that in the price, and a half-decent fit in person will be much better than an expert online fit.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Frame Size Question [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AAAAARGHal bargal!!!!! CELESTE = YUCK!! Bleck! How could you even use the word in public? :), As in Celeste Green, possibly the only color that USAT should outlaw on a bike, except perhaps for gray. :),

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It may just fit perfect... I had a Bianchi XL something.... size 55. Great bike, until I broke the frame :) However, I am 5'11.75 and fit close to perfect on it as a tri bike with retrofitted seatpost etc... I used a 110mm stem and a Thompson seatpost. I do however like my bikes as small as possible, and this one was a little too small for regular road riding. If you slide the seatpost forward, you know the virtual tt length shortens and you end up with a "different" size.

If you can,try it in the store. Good luck.

"It's not about winning or losing. It's about passion..."
Bernie Focker, "Meet the Fockers"
Quote Reply
Re: Frame Size Question [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, now! It's a love / hate thing...I wouldn't ride anything else but Celeste.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All in jest, of course. But, I am amazed that anyone likes Celeste Green.... :)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply