Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Frame Geometry Question: GT Edge
Quote | Reply
The GT Edge I'm interested in is a pre-"triple triangle" GT Frame...

Mimicks the Vengenance in that it has an aero downtube and a not quite mini cutout...

Definitely not the Vengenance, but different from the Edge frames with the round downtube.

Before I go buy this thing, any idea how steep or slack it is?

Quote Reply
Re: Frame Geometry Question: GT Edge [juha-pdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nominally roadie geometry throughout. think the seat tube might be 74deg. same as a Vengeance that way. the Edge was also sold as the Fury for a year or so and I rode one of those in both road and tri-modified positions. I now race a Vengeance. in both cases, though, if you approach the "ideal" aggressive tri position as espoused by Dan you'll likely run into the problems Dan says you will as far as knees clobbering armrests during out of saddle climbs, etc. or really weird handling. I notice the former more than the latter, but I'm weird to start with :-)

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Frame Geometry Question: GT Edge [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This makes buying the thing tough.. I ride a slack angled C'dale with a forward post, getting me to maybe 76 degrees..

So, if I buy it and build the frame won't I essentially be mimicking the same position I currently ride?

It is such a cool looking frame though!
Quote Reply
Re: Frame Geometry Question: GT Edge [juha-pdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, the triple triangle came first, GT abandoned it for some designs, then went back.

The Edge is a fine bike. I rode a Vengeance for one season that was a bit long in the top tube for my tastes.

It has the GT crit geometry (which is what almost every bike they made had)- slack seat tube, parallel head angle (73.5 or something like that). It is a road bike.

Throw on some shorties and you'll have a good ride. GT made a quality bicycle.
Quote Reply
Re: Frame Geometry Question: GT Edge [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I e-mailed GT yesterday, and this is what they sent this morning..Pretty much jives with what you guys have said:

Here's the frame geometry:

Size 48 50 52 54 56 58 60

Head tube angle 72 72 73 73 73.5 74 74

Seat tube angle 75 74.5 74 73.5 73 73 72.5

Top Tube length 520 530 540 550 565 580 590

I'm going to get the Frame/Fork today(although I can do w/out the fork, I'll just use my Profile BSC)..

Build it this winter and ride in a couple Spring TT. Wish me luck.

Quote Reply