Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Found a hidden gem - Woodway
Quote | Reply
Like many others, I've been wanting a Woodway treadmill since running on one. I was hooked in 2019 when I ran on practically a brand new 4front at the Wynn in Vegas. I randomly would search for used ones online and had a few conversations with Woodway about new as well. I never could find what I was looking for with a price I was willing to pay. So I actually ordered a Peloton Tread+ about a month ago right before they were recalled (it would have been delivered this coming Friday). After my Peloton order was cancelled, the search continued. Last Friday, I found a Woodway 90 min from my house on Facebook with what looked like to be an older unit with a newish 4front belt listed for $2500. Contacted the seller who knew nothing about the treadmill and simply was given the treadmill by a client as he was a mover. I had him take a picture of the back of the display and found that it was a Desmo-S model. I tried to get a little a history on the unit by calling Woodway but I couldn't get in touch with them on Friday afternoon. I never got the full story from the seller but my guess is that the original owner was moving and didn't want to pay to move it with them and/or didn't want/need it anymore. My dad, wife, and I drove up Saturday, rented a uhaul, showed up at the guys house, inspected it (it's a brand new belt with no signs of wear), ran on it for a few min and took it through it's paces. It felt basically brand new. I should note that this thing was tucked away in the furthest room in the house from the entryway and had multiple 90 degree turns with very narrow hallways. As I was walking back to the room to see the treadmill, I had no idea how he got this treadmill in this room. I offered the guy cash on hand and told him I would take it off his hands today. He came back with a price and I accepted. With the 4 of us, we managed to get the treadmill out of the house and onto the uhaul in less than 15 minutes with some muscle and a furniture dolly. Most importantly, no one got hurt and we didn't drop or damage the treadmill. We eventually got it to my house and the 3 of us were able to get it into the pain cave without a significant issue... though we did break a dolly going from the step in the garage into the house.

Ran yesterday and this morning on this thing and holy crap is this thing silent!! Honestly, the loudest thing on the treadmill is the beep from the buttons. My wife can be watching TV 20 ft away and she doesn't have to turn the TV volume up. And she can't hear it from our bedroom (a must for 5 am runs).

The unit looks to be mfg'd sometime in the mid 2000's (the serial number didn't give me a date) but I can see inspection/qaqc stickers from the mid 2000's and later on some of the electronics. I've got a call into Woodway to get some more details on it and schedule a technician to do a once around on it.

Anyway, if you are in the market or want a woodway, keep looking, deals can be found.

Thank you Peloton for cancelling my order or I never would have found this.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done!

I enjoy reading stories like this, hoping that some day I too will fall into a deal. Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
Well done!

I enjoy reading stories like this, hoping that some day I too will fall into a deal. Enjoy!

My thoughts exactly. Hoping to hit the Woodway jackpot one day too!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could only be so fortunate........

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The serial number tells you the year. And Woodway can tell you mileage
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:

That's what I originally thought but the serial number appears a bit different than on their website. Last 3 digits are "C02" which I'm currently thinking it was mfg'd in 2002.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well done! I'm psyched for you (and jealous)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On mine the last for digits are 0319 which is month and year

Super happy for you. I love my treadmill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Herbert wrote:

That's what I originally thought but the serial number appears a bit different than on their website. Last 3 digits are "C02" which I'm currently thinking it was mfg'd in 2002.

https://www.woodway.com/...d_buyers_guide-1.pdf

"What year was this product manufactured?
This can easy be determined by reviewing the serial number that is located on the back of the display board. The last two digits represent the year in which it was manufactured and the two digits prior to them represents the month. The month on older treadmills is represented with letters. For example the letter “E” would represent the 4th month which is April."

Edit: although I'm not quite sure how E = April...
Last edited by: Zenmaster28: Jun 2, 21 4:59
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
stevej wrote:
Herbert wrote:

This can easy be determined by reviewing the serial number that is located on the back of the display board. The last two digits represent the year in which it was manufactured and the two digits prior to them represents the month. The month on older treadmills is represented with letters. For example the letter “E” would represent the 4th month which is April."

Thanks!

I was looking at this one which had me slightly confused (https://www.woodway.com/...-CPO-Renewal-FAQ.pdf)

How is "E" represented as the 4th month? I'm guessing that's a typo.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Zenmaster28 wrote:
stevej wrote:
Herbert wrote:

Thanks!

I was looking at this one which had me slightly confused (https://www.woodway.com/...-CPO-Renewal-FAQ.pdf)

How is "E" represented as the 4th month? I'm guessing that's a typo.

Yeah, doesn't really matter what month it was - you know it's from 2002. Enjoy the nice find!
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The crossfit community has embraced this type of treadmill as well, there is another competing brand. With the number of crossfit gyms that easily close down, deals can be had.

https://www.assaultfitness.com/products/treadmill

(this being said, if you find any deals let me know too ha ha)
Last edited by: synthetic: Jun 2, 21 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have an Assault. Somehow got a good deal on a new one from a CrossFit gym last year. It's a solid piece of equipment, really nice to run on.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Like many others, I've been wanting a Woodway treadmill since running on one. I was hooked in 2019 when I ran on practically a brand new 4front at the Wynn in Vegas. I randomly would search for used ones online and had a few conversations with Woodway about new as well. I never could find what I was looking for with a price I was willing to pay. So I actually ordered a Peloton Tread+ about a month ago right before they were recalled (it would have been delivered this coming Friday). After my Peloton order was cancelled, the search continued. Last Friday, I found a Woodway 90 min from my house on Facebook with what looked like to be an older unit with a newish 4front belt listed for $2500. Contacted the seller who knew nothing about the treadmill and simply was given the treadmill by a client as he was a mover. I had him take a picture of the back of the display and found that it was a Desmo-S model. I tried to get a little a history on the unit by calling Woodway but I couldn't get in touch with them on Friday afternoon. I never got the full story from the seller but my guess is that the original owner was moving and didn't want to pay to move it with them and/or didn't want/need it anymore. My dad, wife, and I drove up Saturday, rented a uhaul, showed up at the guys house, inspected it (it's a brand new belt with no signs of wear), ran on it for a few min and took it through it's paces. It felt basically brand new. I should note that this thing was tucked away in the furthest room in the house from the entryway and had multiple 90 degree turns with very narrow hallways. As I was walking back to the room to see the treadmill, I had no idea how he got this treadmill in this room. I offered the guy cash on hand and told him I would take it off his hands today. He came back with a price and I accepted. With the 4 of us, we managed to get the treadmill out of the house and onto the uhaul in less than 15 minutes with some muscle and a furniture dolly. Most importantly, no one got hurt and we didn't drop or damage the treadmill. We eventually got it to my house and the 3 of us were able to get it into the pain cave without a significant issue... though we did break a dolly going from the step in the garage into the house.

Ran yesterday and this morning on this thing and holy crap is this thing silent!! Honestly, the loudest thing on the treadmill is the beep from the buttons. My wife can be watching TV 20 ft away and she doesn't have to turn the TV volume up. And she can't hear it from our bedroom (a must for 5 am runs).

The unit looks to be mfg'd sometime in the mid 2000's (the serial number didn't give me a date) but I can see inspection/qaqc stickers from the mid 2000's and later on some of the electronics. I've got a call into Woodway to get some more details on it and schedule a technician to do a once around on it.

Anyway, if you are in the market or want a woodway, keep looking, deals can be found.

Funny enough, I think you and I were looking at the same treadmill, but at the end of the day you beat me to it. I was in contact with the seller, but was trying to figure out the logistics on how to get it to Tampa where I live.

I’m glad someone on here got it! Enjoy it sir!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats and great find. I would have drove down a heart beat and bought it had I found it. Enjoy it, they are great.
Last edited by: mike s: Jun 2, 21 19:03
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [DashLash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DashLash wrote:
stevej wrote:

Funny enough, I think you and I were looking at the same treadmill, but at the end of the day you beat me to it. I was in contact with the seller, but was trying to figure out the logistics on how to get it to Tampa where I live.

I’m glad someone on here got it! Enjoy it sir!

Oh wow. I wondered if anyone else might have seen the ad. I knew I had to jump on it and figured it wouldn't last past the weekend. And yeah the logistics aren't easy on these things. I kind of just "winged" it and hoped for the best. Very lucky to have it all work out very seamlessly.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice find! I have some secret codes I can pass along to you that allow you to get into the setup menus and lets you know mileage and time in use. Also various settings in there. I cant remember them all but fun to know they are in there. Also, (depending on the board in the head display) you can connect a Wahoo GymConnect to it and feed your speed data to Zwift wirelessly. Btw, the Desmo S is bulletproof and will last a few lifetimes. It's a tank!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can call tech support at Woodway and they will tell you how to see the mileage and hours on whatever control panel you have. They are super helpful. I was in your same shoes, I was about to order a new Path, and in the time it took for the sales rep to get me a final quote I found a used 4-Front in Boston this spring. Mine had 3800 miles and 700 hours, it was 2.5 years old when we got it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome!

I was in the same boat and kept finding them from gyms but they were asking too much for how worn out they were. Then I got a heads up from a Woodway salesman that he knew someone selling a 2008 Desmo with 800 miles on it. Purchased originally by Chris Carpenter of the St. Louis Cardinals and now sitting in his mansion that had since been purchased by someone else not using it.

I drove from Minneapolis to STL (8 hours each way) and met movers to put it in my pickup, and paid $3700 cash. It's been in my pain cave now since March and it's incredible.

The sound part...it's not quiet but it's just a low hum and no one can hear my 195lb steps on it. I LOVE IT!

Blog: https://davidkoppeltriathlon.blogspot.com/
Coaching: https://dkendurance.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [DKMNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s an awesome find!!

Just found out that my unit has 59,xxxx miles on it and 6309 hours on it.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
That’s an awesome find!!

Just found out that my unit has 59,xxxx miles on it and 6309 hours on it.

Awesome find and I am jealous.....

Is my math wrong, or do these numbers equal 9.4ish MPH? Those must have been some fast runners for those 6,300.....(?) hours. Crazy.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your math is right. I’m the slowest person to ever run on this treadmill.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [Russ Brandt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Russ Brandt wrote:
Nice find! I have some secret codes I can pass along to you that allow you to get into the setup menus and lets you know mileage and time in use. Also various settings in there. I cant remember them all but fun to know they are in there. Also, (depending on the board in the head display) you can connect a Wahoo GymConnect to it and feed your speed data to Zwift wirelessly. Btw, the Desmo S is bulletproof and will last a few lifetimes. It's a tank!!!

I just got a Woodway path with the most basic display (LED display).
There are number buttons, but they don't seem to do anything so I have to use the speed up/down to control speed. Is there a way to enter the speed in the keypad?

Also would be nice to know the millage on it (its 6 years old, but looks brand new)
Would you mind sharing the codes? please PM me if you don't want to post it out.

thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got this email from Paul Saperstein a Boston based auctioneer who appears to be auctioning off 15 Woodway treadmills

Paul E. Saperstein Co., Inc. | FITNESS & BOXING CENTER - LIKE NEW EQUIPMENT - (15) WOODWAY TREADMILLS - FITBENCHES - BOXING RING-STATIONS - BOXMASTERS lots (bidspotter.com)
Quote Reply
Re: Found a hidden gem - Woodway [dgutstadt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The instructions are a photo of a document I have that I can't figure out how to post. If you PM me your email I can sent them to you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next