Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Form Swim Goggles, Garmin swim intervals
Quote | Reply
Can the Form Swim Goggles show you your current pace in the *current* length/lap in a pool workout? I don’t think they can, so the best you can do is see the pace of the last length?

Also - there is no current way a Garmin or TrainingPeaks structured swim workout can integrate with the Form goggles, correct?

So if you do structured pace zone based swim workouts, are the Form goggles more useful than having the structured workout on your Garmin 945? I guess one benefit is knowing your pace on the last length, not waiting for a whole interval to finish before being able to stop and look at your watch to know what your pace was. Both are delayed data, but at least with the Form it’s in the middle of the interval not after it’s over.

Or with the Garmin watch, is there an effective way to see your pace in the midst of an interval, like at the flip turn? I saw someone mention something about a certain maneuver to see their pace when turning.
Quote Reply
Re: Form Swim Goggles, Garmin swim intervals [tedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, I work for FORM so I can answer some of your questions:
1. Current, real-time pace is not available quite yet with our goggles, so currently it will show you your pace from your last length. Although, real-time stroke rate is available for open-water swimming.

2. Currently you can't upload your structured workout to our goggles (eg. see it while you are swimming). However, for workout analysis afterwards, the FORM app will auto-sort your workout to make the review really easy. They also auto-upload back to TrainingPeaks, so your coach will get the data right away too.

We'd say the benefit of even seeing your last length is huge though for a structured workout. Say, for example, you are doing 300 repeats and trying to keep the pacing steady/even... now imagine being able to easily see every split at the turn (and I say easily, not with a fancy maneuver where you have to break technique/slow down). You'll be able to know you are on pace at all times during the set.

Lionel actually experienced this within his first few swims with the goggles. He ended up hitting a new 200 personal best simply because he was better able to pace. Without the goggles he would start out way too fast and slow down, whereas with the goggles he could have a target time and keep himself controlled for the first half of the 200.
Quote Reply