Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fork Swap Q for the Gearheads
Quote | Reply
For an upcoming hilly 1/2IM, I want to put my road bike fork (Ouzo Pro) on my tribike (Profile BDC Boat Anchor). Same rake, same headtube size.

The road bike fork will install nicely on the tribike, but with about 4cm of steerer tube sticking above the stem clamp. My tribike stem is set flush down against the headset.

Any problems with this amount of steerer tube sticking up past the stem clamp?
Quote Reply
Re: Fork Swap Q for the Gearheads [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think that the general rule of thumb is no more spacers than 1 - 1.5 x the steerer tube diameter. So, a 1" steerer tube could have 1 - 1.5" of spacers below the stem. If you mean that there are 4cm above the stem, then aside from looking a little bit odd, I don't think that there's a problem with it. Just make sure you put the top spacer so that there is about a 2mm gap between the steerer tube and the top of the spacer. That will let the headset cap tighten down properly.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: Fork Swap Q for the Gearheads [Julian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
None, as long as you have the proper gap for the top cap to make the aheadset adjust properly. If I am unsure of my steer tube length, I typically run the steer tube between 30-50 taller than where my stem is.
Quote Reply