Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fork-Mounted Repair Stand Advice (Hidden Rear Brakes)
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a fork-mounted repair stand so I can learn how to better wrench my bike and clean it. My saddle is too low for a clamp-style repair stand (not enough of the seatpost to clamp), so I've focused my search on fork-mounted repair stands.

Would be great to know what fork-mounted repair stands you guys are successfully using for general maintenance / cleaning. Only complication is that my bike (QR PR3) has hidden rear brakes and I'd like to be able to work on those, but seems like it might be challenging with some of these repair stands since the bike rests on the BB.

Based on my search of Slowtwitch, it seems like these are the most recommended repair stands of this style. However, haven't really seen any discussion of working on hidden rear brakes, so wanted to check.

Thanks, all!
Quote Reply
Re: Fork-Mounted Repair Stand Advice (Hidden Rear Brakes) [JonathanNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a normal clamp based stand with this:
https://hirobel.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fork-Mounted Repair Stand Advice (Hidden Rear Brakes) [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcohen24 wrote:
I use a normal clamp based stand with this:
https://hirobel.com

Oh wow, this looks like the way to go, price aside. What repair stand do you use with this? Seems like the quality of the clamp itself isn't that important if picking this up. Thanks for the info!

Edit - Did a search and can't really find too much feedback on this product on these forums. Anybody else have experience with the Hirobel clamp and can comment on the usability?
Last edited by: JonathanNYC: May 7, 18 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: Fork-Mounted Repair Stand Advice (Hidden Rear Brakes) [JonathanNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a feeback sports stand, because it folds up nice and small for my ny apt.
Have had the hirobel for 2 years, never had an issue with my IA or my gf's p3.

Perfectly fine to rotate it totally vertical so i can sit on a chair and work on my bb brakes, etc.
Quote Reply