Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Forerunner 205/305 short cut
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I recently found that my distance measurements on my Forerunner 305 is not accurate. After down loading my GPS info onto the computor, I found that my Forerrunner is cutting or measuring through the corners. It will for example measure a point 30metres before the corner, and the next point 30metres after I have run around the corner. The distance is the taken through the corner and not around. As the time ran stays correct, and the next kilometre measured is further that supposed to be, my average pace is incorrect + my last km time.
Has any body had the same ? Is this perhaps to do with pace smoothing or any other setting on my Forerunner 305.
Please help !!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Forerunner 205/305 short cut [willie3060] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Forerunner takes measurements every 5-6 seconds while running and does everything in a straight line -- everything is point to point.

You can change it to log every second - read how in the manual.

I think that is total overkill...
Last edited by: JWU42: Sep 8, 08 4:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look in the manual for how to set the data sampling frequency to 'Smart Recording' - this keeps the data point recording fairly low when it detects you are moving in a straight line and switches to much more frequent recording on curves, turns, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't had an issue with this while running on the road, but I definitely notice it when trail running b/c of the shorter, sharper turns.

---------------------------------------------------
"Pops trippin'. He want me to ask for my bike back. You know i wouldn't trip."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's how GPS watches work. They record you at certain points and measure distances between.
Quote Reply