Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For those of you who were looking for pics of the HED bike...
Quote | Reply
I found this on the Cycling Time Trials forum:

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you who were looking for pics of the HED bike... [DRAwpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if they actually have any to ship.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you who were looking for pics of the HED bike... [DRAwpt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a URL for that forum?

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Here you go [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a lot of blah-blah, and brits seem to be vehemently against the use of helmets, but occasionally something interesting is posted.

BTW, a "tester" is a time trialist.

http://www.arborwood.com/...=1&ut=1067925392
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Annie and Steve Hed had received 100 frames right before the Interbike show. I had this frame in my hands and it is awesome. I have three coming to my shop anyday now.
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you who were looking for pics of the HED bike... [STEELHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to ask, why is that frame awesome? the seatpost bolt system looks clunky at best, the seatstays are not aero at all with the carbon stays no less (hype), the top tube serves no purpose in testing of the Blade, according to J Cobb,

I dont see it, gotta wonder what makes this better than a P3, P2k, Soloist, Abici Time Machine, Guru or Elite ...

Last edited by: TimeTrial.org: Nov 4, 03 21:37
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you who were looking for pics of the HED bike... [TimeTrial.org] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who say's it's so awesome, and how can you tell what it looks like or whether it's aero from that picture?

I think it's good looking, and it comes from Steve Hed, and that in itself makes it interesting for me.

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw and inspected one of those a full year ago in Taiwan, where at least the prototype I saw was made. It looked okay, and a lot like the Trek time trial frame only done in aluminium. It looked like a road bike seat tube angle to me. Hope the latest iteration offers a steeper angle option.

The deeper you get the sweeter the pain. Don't give up the game until your heart stops beating.
--New Order
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you who were looking for pics of the HED bike... [STEELHEAD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steelhead, what is the seat tube angle and MSRP? 650c or 700c? Felt-ish head tube lengths or Aegis-ish head tube lengths?
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you who were looking for pics of the HED bike... [TimeTrial.org] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm with you on this one TT. And may I add the truck sized space between the rear wheel and seat-tube. Now - not every frame necessarily has to have that zero spacing, but if you're going to somewhat fit the tube to the wheel (as shown there), you should at least get it closer.

my $0.02.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Animal!!!
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you who were looking for pics of the HED bike... [itchyghost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I saw and inspected one of those a full year ago in Taiwan, where at least the prototype I saw was made. It looked okay, and a lot like the Trek time trial frame only done in aluminium. It looked like a road bike seat tube angle to me.
It must have not been this bike because it looks nothing like the Trek Time Trial frame... and if you saw a prototype, what made you think it was a prototype of THIS bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed.

I am no tech expert, but all of these bikes of a type are starting to look the same.

What is known is that if it is coming from Hed, then the quality will hopefully be high, but that's all that can really be said at this point.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: For those of you who were looking for pics of the HED bike... [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I am no tech expert, but all of these bikes of a type are starting to look the same."

Blame the UCI on that. In my blunt opinion, non-UCI- sanctioned races are where you will see the most consumers, the UCI rules do not even apply to anybody except for the top 3% of cyclists worldwide, and I think it is horse puckey that we (the consumer) have to suffer as a result of the UCI's insistence that the pros have to ride what is essentially an 85+ year old design.

I will say it even simpler: almost nobody has one prayer of worrying about the UCI, and if they did, they don't have much of a choice anyway (as the sponsors take care of their bikes). Who cares what the pros ride? Let us have real swoopy, highly imaginitive bikes. Heck, round tubes are beginning to look really fresh, these days.

My verdict: looks nice if Hed delivers on time, quality should be spot-on, but there are better looking bikes had elsewhere (with possibly a nicer price tag).
Quote Reply