Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For the Fishes and fans..
Quote | Reply
In case anyone was wondering what our national swim team was up to, and if they will be ready for the games(if they even happen), here is a clinic in all 4 strokes by the fastest ever to swim this event, Mr. Dressel:

https://www.youtube.com/...imj0nH91kGj9fE8FnmBg

I still have high hopes for this guy, literally could swim10 different events at the games...Not all of them of course, but nice to have so many to choose from, and his haul for the team will undoubtedly be substantial, like Phelps used to be..
Quote Reply
Re: For the Fishes and fans.. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many of them have been swimming ISL. U.S. Open was this past weekend and Tyr pro series is still (at this point) scheduled for January.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sydney Pickrem just set a new Canadian 400IM record at ISL. She's gonna be fun to watch in Tokyo.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: For the Fishes and fans.. [xterratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many of them have been swimming ISL. U.S. Open was this past weekend and Tyr pro series is still (at this point) scheduled for January. //

Ya there have been many opportunities for the top swimmers to keep competiting and to stay focused and sharp. But this is just one easy sport to manage and control, way easier than the pro sports that have continued through this time. My worry is that the olympics are just too complicated, too many people(as well as athletes) and from all around the world. The world that is in the worst shape ever in the past 8 months, and still going up.

I think this vaccine news will help a lot, but will the world get it in time? We here in the US will undoubtedly be the first as a nation(other than maybe Russia and China who have rolled out something nationally as a sort of mega trial). So if we are only to get it as a nation in April, and the rest of the world sometime later, will there be enough time to actually hold the game only a year late? At what point do they just say this one is a bust? I hope even if it is 2 years late they hold it, not sure what the politics of that would be...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s amazing to watch and see how short course swimming has changed so much from the starts/turns/underwaters. These times are so much faster now, whereas distance races (long courses 400/1500) haven’t improved nearly as much over the past 40 years or so.
Quote Reply