Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Food log
Quote | Reply
Who logs their food? Use an app?

Way long ago, I used a device called Body Bugg and it worked really well and I lost weight. A lot of weight.

Hoping to find a new plan like this success I once had with that old school device.
Quote Reply
Re: Food log [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use Lifesum and it works fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just write it in a notebook. I'm not so interested in stats as I am trying to get myself to eat less crap, and logging it in a notebook does help w that

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I write mine in Google sheets
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used MyFitnessPal in the past and had success with it. It works really well when you eat the same thing everyday as copying from previous days is easy. If you're concerned about an easily accessible history, it's not super easy on the free version. For me though, journaling is about self awareness in the moment and the act of writing it down is the major influence there and not the backwards looking analysis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the LoseIt app for iOS

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Food log [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 for the LoseIt app, Ive used this to track calories in vs out and lost 20 pounds the past few months. Also has a Garmin integration to import calorie loss (estimated obviously) in workouts, which is convenient.
Quote Reply
Re: Food log [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do any of these weight loss / food tracking apps link with Training Peaks? Seems like that would be a natural fit as for many of us where every workout gets logged into that system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crononmeter is really detailed for those of you who want micronutrient information.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 57 years old and have never logged my food.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used MyFitnessPal for yeeeears until Under Armour bought it and completely ruined it, and as with all apps, went "subscribe or only see f*ck all" model. Luckily I took what years of the app taught me regarding portion sizes, and now can pretty much maintain my weight while varying my levels of training without tracking anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Food log [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Loseit integrates with garmin connect, so your daily calorie count takes any workouts into consideration. I don’t think it integrates with TP.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Food log [triracerboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triracerboy wrote:
Do any of these weight loss / food tracking apps link with Training Peaks? Seems like that would be a natural fit as for many of us where every workout gets logged into that system.

MyFitnessPal does. Though integration that works the other way is useful. I like how Strava workouts feed into LoseIt app to automatically fill out the "calories out" part othe CI/CO equation.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 24, 23 18:20
Quote Reply