Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Focus(Walser) v. Argon 18 e112 v. Neil Pryde Bayamo
Quote | Reply
I'm having a hard time deciding between all 3 of these bikes. I've read what is available online about all 3. The Focus seems to be the quicker of the 3 however the price at this point is not justifiable. I'm trying to stay below 2k or around that point as much as possible. All 3 bikes can be had for that however swapping out the aerobar set up might prove to break the bank a bit. (what WOULD be the best aerobar option and not break the bank too much?). I have a feeling the Neil Pryde might be the best option trying to balance all of my criteria. I'm not a triathlete, just a cat 1 cyclist who will be going to elite nationals in June.

I have been fit with on a GURU fit unit and have spent a lot of time on a tt bike, albeit a super cheap Jamis Trilogy. I used it to confirm the position acquired with the GURU. I have all the measurements and I'm confident all of them will transfer well to whichever bike I decide to get.

Any help regarding these bikes, or a good aerobar setup would be incredibly appreciated!

-109er
Quote Reply
Re: Focus(Walser) v. Argon 18 e112 v. Neil Pryde Bayamo [109er] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd get the focus and put the new felt bayonet 3 aerobar on it. It's an old design but very good and for some reason I love that bike. The bayamo looks pretty nice but the Focus speaks to me personally.
Quote Reply
Re: Focus(Walser) v. Argon 18 e112 v. Neil Pryde Bayamo [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of all 3 bikes the Focus is my personal favorite. However it would be coming from Budapest and i can't afford to wait a month before i would get it. So, it's down to the e112 and the Bayamo at this point. I've looked T the Bayonet 3 and it looks pretty awesome. I'm wondering if it is UCI legal. The aluminum basebar version looks as if it is but i think i could do better than that. The Zipp Vuka Bull with the Alumina clips\extensions is looking like the most viable option. That, or a Vision Trimax carbon basebar and the same Alumina Clips/extensions. I was curious for a while about the Uberhund bars. It looks like there are a few chinese versions now that are adjustable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why Budapest? There are some focus chrono bikes available stateside.

The bayonet 3 holds its own very well against much more expensive competition in this test: http://www.tririg.com/...ite_Paper&page=2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would be best to at least see the frames in person, if not a test ride (if you know what you are looking for).

But I can tell you that the Argon's will ride great - and you can get a clue on that in how the frames are constructed. The rear drive triangle is solidly built as is the front of the bike. So it will power up and corner really well. It was quite the difference to the flexy TT frame I had been riding (2008)

Everyone I have seen on them has been fast, and has been happy with the bike.

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Focus(Walser) v. Argon 18 e112 v. Neil Pryde Bayamo [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the Izalco Chronos that I have seen have been far out of my price range. I stumbled across this one on eBay for $1990.00.

I've heard nothing but rave reviews on the Argons in regards to how stiff and how great the ride quality is. Ride quality unfortunately is probably what I am least concerned about. Most time trials are 40k at the most so it is quick and over with nearly before you know it.

I have another session on the GURU fit unit coming up and that may well decide which bike I will end up with. My fit before was not UCI legal so this one is just to tweak and fine tune to become legal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy this and sell the di2 group set and you'd come out as low as the 1999 one http://www.ebay.com/...;hash=item541627dbf4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice! That is a steal!

The concensus so far is that the Izalco Chrono is the better choice, correct?

I would have assumed as much but you know what happens when you assume...
Quote Reply