Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flying mount with Bont Vapor S
Quote | Reply
Has anyone used Bont Vapor S for a race and gone the flying mount?

I've trashed my TR9s and opted for a new pair of Next% over new cycling shoes, leaving me with my Vapor 2 for my upcoming races. I'm comfortable racing sans socks in them and I can hook them up with elastic bands from the boa dials. My only concern will be getting in on the fly, in what is a quite stiff shoe, and having the tongue fold on top of my foot (the little bit on the inside of the foot). Unfortunately the weather this week is not conducive to doing any outdoor practice, with a race on Sunday.

Any advice based on experience would be much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Flying mount with Bont Vapor S [Fletch_boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve been doing flying mounts for 10+ years, and my Vaypor G (same upper as the S) is way, way too stiff for me to get on efficiently with a flying mount. I can’t really pull it off, and this is on my MTB.

I’ve had good success with my Zero+ though - if you’re looking for a quick transition Bont shoe, that’s your ticket.

Re: Flying mount with Bont Vapor S [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
I’ve been doing flying mounts for 10+ years, and my Vaypor G (same upper as the S) is way, way too stiff for me to get on efficiently with a flying mount. I can’t really pull it off, and this is on my MTB.

I’ve had good success with my Zero+ though - if you’re looking for a quick transition Bont shoe, that’s your ticket.

Not what I was hoping to hear, but appreciated. I like the idea of the Zero+, but the missus won't like to price tag.
Quote Reply