Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flo disc wheel vs.
Quote | Reply
Thinking about finally getting a disc wheel.
I currently run flo 60/90.
Is the Flo disc worth it?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc wheel vs. [TriMeToo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say 5 (ish) watts.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc wheel vs. [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I was actually thinking more in comparison to other disc wheels
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

They are great value and on par with most disc wheels out there.

And the most important, it will match your front :-)
Last edited by: marcag: Sep 18, 21 4:29
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc wheel vs. [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one. I haven’t done (or even seen aero testing). My thought process was that even if it gives up a couple watts to the high end discs, it’s a good value proposition and not leaving much on the table.
Last edited by: Tri.Tony: Sep 18, 21 6:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is... I have one on my TT bike. It's performance to $ is the best value on the market... outside of a wheel cover.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the best post on ST about disc wheels. Wait I should clarify, the best post ever on ST about disc wheels.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=7346345#p7346345

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriMeToo wrote:
Thinking about finally getting a disc wheel.
I currently run flo 60/90.
Is the Flo disc worth it?

I like the look of the flo disc. I want a hed jet black disc wheel to match my front black 60. But, don't want to pay 1k for it. The flo might be a good option as long as I don't over use the back brake!

I'm wondering if there is much difference in watts between the flo disc and heds.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc wheel vs. [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d take a look at the FarSports disc. I got one a while back and could not be more pleased. Mine was the disc break version with DT Swiss Hubs. Full carbon <1k. I also looked at FLO but decided to go with Farsports because (1) it was cheaper (2) FLO was out of stock until November (3) because of the construction I’ve been told the FLO wheel does not make the whomp whomp sound, which in my mind is half the reason to have a disc ;) (4) based on my rather limited reading when it comes to aero dynamics it seems like a disc is a disc, so I don’t really sweat the marginal claims (5) you can chose the color—mine is just black carbon so matches with anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy to chat through any questions you have about disc wheels, and our disc models, and our time testing in the wind tunnel.

Jon Thornham
Co-Founder FLO Cycling
Last edited by: jonthornham: Sep 19, 21 6:45
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc wheel vs. [Persia1921] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Persia1921 wrote:
I’d take a look at the FarSports disc. I got one a while back and could not be more pleased. Mine was the disc break version with DT Swiss Hubs. Full carbon <1k. I also looked at FLO but decided to go with Farsports because (1) it was cheaper (2) FLO was out of stock until November (3) because of the construction I’ve been told the FLO wheel does not make the whomp whomp sound, which in my mind is half the reason to have a disc ;) (4) based on my rather limited reading when it comes to aero dynamics it seems like a disc is a disc, so I don’t really sweat the marginal claims (5) you can chose the color—mine is just black carbon so matches with anything.

^^^This.

The differences between discs are tiny, and then add to it that they are drafting behind a cutout seat tube and tiny becomes micro.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply