Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flo disc brake wheels
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this has been posted, but looks like Flo is dropping some new disc brake compatible wheels soon...https://www.instagram.com/p/BfEY-ZQnzbz/
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc brake wheels [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flo does already have disc brake wheels. It'll be interesting to see what they're announcing. Love my Flo 60s.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc brake wheels [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like track wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CyclingClyde wrote:
Not sure if this has been posted, but looks like Flo is dropping some new disc brake compatible wheels soon...https://www.instagram.com/p/BfEY-ZQnzbz/

Looks like their Gravel Road wheels ... they have been teasing those for a while now.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc brake wheels [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Looks like track wheels.
Didn't see those in there... Good eye. Hastags hint track and disc wheels to come
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be really interesting to see if they use a different rim profile for the track wheels. That would be a pretty serious commitment to design a specific low-yaw wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
Flo does already have disc brake wheels. It'll be interesting to see what they're announcing. Love my Flo 60s.

Love my 60's, too. Rims on PT hubs. I didn't see the disc brake wheel on their site. Haven't seen them in the e-mails, either. What did I miss?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc brake wheels [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess you could always buy their rims and build them up with disc brake hubs.

Although, I'd like to see a rim shaped without a brake track to use instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does "dropping" mean eliminating?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc brake wheels [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
HandHeartCrown wrote:

Love my 60's, too. Rims on PT hubs. I didn't see the disc brake wheel on their site. Haven't seen them in the e-mails, either. What did I miss?

There are no pictures of disc brakes on the web site which makes it confusing. But, if you go to their "Shop" like, select Carbon Clinchers (it may be under the aluminium rims also but I didn't check), select the wheel size, click Buy Now. You'll have a list if options available. Not these most obvious but it's there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
There are no pictures of disc brakes on the web site which makes it confusing. But, if you go to their "Shop" like, select Carbon Clinchers (it may be under the aluminium rims also but I didn't check), select the wheel size, click Buy Now. You'll have a list if options available. Not these most obvious but it's there.

Thanks. I followed your instructions. Saw the option. On the clincher front wheels, I tried the 45s, 60s, and 90s. Clicked the <Brake> option. Only "Rim" showed. Seems like Flo is preparing for disc brakes or they're out of stock.

That said, I pinged Chris a while ago (maybe 2 orders?) and he said they were coming, but I've not seen anything from Flo about them, yet. Haven't seen body post anything about their experience with Flo discs, either.

With the Hed Jet 6+ Black available for $900, I ordered them last week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CyclingClyde wrote:

Crazy but I want wheels with black spokes, not sure why flo refuses to offer them

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc brake wheels [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree. Not sure there's many who prefer silver spokes with black hubs and rims but I could be wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
FatandSlow wrote:
HandHeartCrown wrote:

That is what we are fixing. We did a photoshoot over the weekend and have spent the last few days editing images in photoshop and building new web pages for our disc brake wheels and our track wheels.

It will be much more obvious shortly. This stuff just takes an enormous amount of time, especially when running the rest of a company ;)

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc brake wheels [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Black spokes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the update, Chris.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc brake wheels [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Black spokes?

For the time being, no.

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UPDATE: I received an email from FLO today; here's some more info for those interested.
FLO Disc Brake and Track
Wheels Arrive 03/01/18

Starts at: 10:00 am PST
FLO Disc Brake Wheels
Our FLO 45, 60, and 90 Carbon Clinchers are now available with disc brakes.
  • Brake Track Removed
  • Centerlock and 6-Bolt Available
  • Convertible Hubs - QR and M12 Thru Axle

FLO Track Wheels
Our FLO 60 and 90 Carbon Clinchers are now available for the track.
  • Brake Tracks Removed
  • BC 1.29 x 24T and 1.37 x 24T

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will you be offering a disc-brake rim purchase option at any time?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc brake wheels [duduardoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duduardoman wrote:
Will you be offering a disc-brake rim purchase option at any time?

We have no plans of offering disc-brake rims on the site. Rims account for a small percentage of our sales. We are currently selling off what we have with no plans of replacing them.

I hope that makes sense.

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there an update on the status of a FLO gravel wheel? As someone who is gonna buy a set of wheels soon it would be nice to know if this is a next few months thing or a next few years thing...
Quote Reply
Re: Flo disc brake wheels [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ilikepizza wrote:
Is there an update on the status of a FLO gravel wheel? As someone who is gonna buy a set of wheels soon it would be nice to know if this is a next few months thing or a next few years thing...

Definitely not the next few years. We are pushing for the first half of 2019.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Take care,

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply