Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flo AS Disc Wheels
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience with the new disc wheels from Flo?

I have a new P-Series coming and am looking at race wheel options - these look ok and at a great price point?

Pros? Cons?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo AS Disc Wheels [BayDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. Hopefully someone can help us out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In terms of pros and cons it depends on if you buy into Zipp's marketing. According to Zipp the 303s should be faster and it will be cheaper. In fact at those prices the new Zipp 303 FC will be about the same price.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo AS Disc Wheels [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s an interesting thought.

Anyone else with any experience of these wheels?

What other alternatives would there be? To be race wheels for a Cervelo P-Series.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about a comparison between these and Hed’s Jet RC6/9 combo? Would cost a similar amount, maybe about $500 more for Heds
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to have to agree with scott. With both Flo and Zipp selling wheels near the same price point, I have no idea why anyone would buy the Flo's
Quote Reply
Re: Flo AS Disc Wheels [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
I'm going to have to agree with scott. With both Flo and Zipp selling wheels near the same price point, I have no idea why anyone would buy the Flo's

All of the new DTC wheel brands have forced Zipp to lower prices to compete.
That's good, but we're going to see a lot of these boutique wheel brands get hammered now.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo AS Disc Wheels [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
jazzymusicman wrote:

That's good, but we're going to see a lot of these boutique wheel brands get hammered now.

Agreed. Especially when you can offload a Zipp wheel on the used market in minutes while spending weeks/months trying to sell others
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you see my private message?
Quote Reply
Re: Flo AS Disc Wheels [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:
jazzymusicman wrote:

Agreed. Especially when you can offload a Zipp wheel on the used market in minutes while spending weeks/months trying to sell others
This is for the 303 wheels right? I’m not sure if that’s deep enough for what I’m going to be using them for.

They’ll be on a new P-Series.
Quote Reply
Re: Flo AS Disc Wheels [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Did you see my private message?
sorry only just, I’ve replied. Cheers.
Quote Reply