Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flexible brake cable advice
Quote | Reply
Hi
Building up a 1x Project.
Running DI2 for rear shifting but want some advice as to what brake cables are people using to run through Tririg Alpha 1 base bar.
Looking for something fairly flexible
Cheers
Jonboy
Quote Reply
Re: Flexible brake cable advice [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you looking for advice on brake cables or brake cable housing?
Quote Reply
Re: Flexible brake cable advice [Jonboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Without knowing the specifics, and assuming your use of the word "cable" means that you are not running hydraulic disc brakes, it sounds like you are after a housing system that can make tight bends without kinking or creating friction for the inner cable.

If I've got that right I'd recommend the segmented housing systems that are available. Nokon, ilinks, Jagwire Elite etc.

I run the Jagwire Elite system on my TT bike for this very reason and it works really well. I actually prefer the Jagwire above some of the others because the outer segments kind of "grab" onto the inner liner that the cable runs through. This may sound trivial, but it makes sizing and re-sizing a bit easier and reduces the chance of having a pile of small parts scattered around your workshop floor.

The Jagwire Elite system also permits the liner to be extended beyond the outer segmented housing. Why is this useful? It might not be, but it was for me when I drilled the top tube of my P3C and needed to run something internally in the frame to get the inner cable past the bend in the top tube/down tube junction. This may not be helpful for you (or almost anybody) depending on your frame.

Cheers, Rich.
Last edited by: knighty76: Jun 2, 20 4:25
Quote Reply