Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Flat: Replace tire or patch/fix tube?
Quote | Reply
Worth trying to patch the tube or should I replace the tire? Stick is about 5mm-8mm wide and this picture shows 1/3 of it (other 2/3rds pushed through into the tire). These are brand new Gravel Kings.

I've been trying to make these tubeless but have not had good success. I think tubeless would of helped in this situation but not 100% sure.

Last edited by: AndysStrongAle: Apr 5, 21 6:48
Quote Reply
Re: Flat: Replace tire or patch/fix tube? [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ride quality won't be perfect (but you'll never notice it on gravel) but l would definitely patch both the tube and the tire. You know how to patch a tube.

For the tire, in most cases, l found that cleaning the inside of the tire carefully (with rubbing alcohol) just a few inches around the hole and then making an internal tire patch by sticking 4 to 6 or more layers of duct tape (switching directions so the fibers run 90 deg in opposition to one another) makes a pretty tough and fairly durable patch. The tire patch only needs to be about 1 to 1.5 inches in diameter for most tire cuts.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Apr 5, 21 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: Flat: Replace tire or patch/fix tube? [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can also use tubeless tape (perhaps in conjunction with gaffa) as that's more or less made to not let a tube squirm through a hole.
Quote Reply