Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fizik tritone lover - what for road bike?
Quote | Reply
Looking for a saddle for my road bike. Love the tritone on my tri bike. Anyone know of a similar fitting saddle I could try out?

If you have a tritone, what do you have on your road bike? Thanks in advance for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik tritone lover - what for road bike? [pistuo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri bike and road bike saddles are two totally different ball games.

On the tri bike, you could conceivably set saddle height and setback such that you have only *one* position that's comfortable, which is fine, unless you're doing an Ironman or something. I use the Tritone and now Mistica and I give myself a little leeway, allowing for about three positions on the saddle that are comfortable and work with my pedal stroke.

Road biking on the other hand, you really use your saddle for all kinds of things... railing turns, climbing, in the peleton, on the hoods cruising to the coffee shop, on the rivet while off the front in a breakaway, etc. I'm sliding all over my road saddle, and for that reason use a Fizik Arione. It's long and thus has a myriad of places to sit that are comfortable depending on what I'm doing at the time.

Others like road saddles with a dip in them, and others still like snub-nosed saddles on the road, although I'm not much of a fan of that. Whatever works for you though.

pistuo wrote:
Looking for a saddle for my road bike. Love the tritone on my tri bike. Anyone know of a similar fitting saddle I could try out?

If you have a tritone, what do you have on your road bike? Thanks in advance for any help.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik tritone lover - what for road bike? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. I'll check out that saddle. I'm just thinking that if I can find others that love the tritone, then whatever road saddle they have should probably fit me as well...

-w
Quote Reply