Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fizik tri shoes
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone, just been training for my first half Ironman. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the fizik transiro R4 tri shoes for longer races as they have good reviews for sprint distances and Olympic, but I can’t find anything for 70.3 or full. Is it worth just to get the r4 or pay the extra and get the R3.

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik tri shoes [Caleb1111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not the review you are looking for but, I have the R1 and i love them. (for full and half)

I had a bad experience in the past with velcro... it could have been a fit issue, but i was blaming my soft shoes for some knee pain.

The R1 feel like road shoes, except faster to get into. ;)

Make sure they fit you before you buy.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik tri shoes [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the r4’s for 70.3 racing and love them
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik tri shoes [benleg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
benleg wrote:
Not the review you are looking for but, I have the R1 and i love them. (for full and half)

I had a bad experience in the past with velcro... it could have been a fit issue, but i was blaming my soft shoes for some knee pain.

The R1 feel like road shoes, except faster to get into. ;)

Make sure they fit you before you buy.

Not to hijack the thread, but do you have any tips for getting the R1s on quickly? My wife has them. She loves how they feel once they are on, but she struggles to get them on anywhere near as quick as previous tri shoes with velcro.

Are you doing flying mounts with them on your bike already?
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik tri shoes [Caleb1111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Caleb1111 wrote:
Hi everyone, just been training for my first half Ironman. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the fizik transiro R4 tri shoes for longer races as they have good reviews for sprint distances and Olympic, but I can’t find anything for 70.3 or full. Is it worth just to get the r4 or pay the extra and get the R3.

Cheers!

FWIW, I have the X5 off road (cheapest off road model) shoes and I'm pretty happy with them and wouldn't upgrade to the X3 or X1 next time as there isn't much I'd want to change. I think you'd be fine with the R4 unless you are used to a really stiff shoe right now (the R3 is going to have a stiffer sole).
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik tri shoes [Traphaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply, How do they size compared to say a sneaker?
Quote Reply