Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fizik Tritone owners
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had issues with this saddle after long rides ? It feels super comfortable for about hour and half but then starts chafing the “area” and makes any ride over 40 miles discomforting. I use chamois cream and have played with lowering the saddle so I know I’m not rocking hips etc causing issue. Buddy says try zip tying the nose to make it narrower and less boxy ? Thoughts or experiences ?? Santa Rosa 70.3 in two weeks so swapping saddles is not an option at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Tritone owners [norcal4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, same experience here. Super comfy with zero numbness. But I too got some bad chafing at about that same time frame. I can’t really speak to any fixes as I just changed to Adamo (although not as comfy) and haven’t been on the TRI bike in about 2 years......just getting back into now though!

But yes....you are not alone!!! And I was pretty solid on the saddle so it wasn’t caused by bad form.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ass hatchet for me... even after a sprint tri I'm hurting. I tossed it to the extra parts bin long ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it and do not have any issues. Try using excessive amounts of Chammy cream.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vaseline!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Tritone owners [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Vaseline!!!

Or bag balm

Oui, mais pas de femme toute de suite (yes, but I am not ready for a woman straight away) -Stephen Roche's reply when asked whether he was okay after collapsing at the finish in the La Plagne stage of the 1987 Tour
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Tritone owners [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have it set up level or slightly nose down ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, bought one as soon as they came out. Destroyed the skin all around the saddle contact area. Congratulations to Fizik for making a 100% pure modern torture device. I returned it and never looked at Fizik again. Went to COBB JOFF 55. Best saddle I've ever had in my life. Changed my world, truly.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Tritone owners [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing how individualized saddles can be... Ism gel saddle is incredibly uncomfortable to me and rubs the inside of my thighs but a fizik tritone is perfect to me...

This is why you need a good shop willing to lend out saddles to try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All the problems I had with the Tritone were fixed with the Mistica. That said, I wouldn't switch until after your race.
Quote Reply