Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fizik Sizing + Bont Options
Quote | Reply
So I got a pair of fizik transiro r1 infinito a while back on sale, tried them on, felt okay. Race cancelled so didn’t use them.

Fast forward to now I’m going to use them and they for sure feel small now.

Double checking the sizing chart and their print out. I’m a EU 41.5 to them - Foot length 257
(As per photo)

My other shoes are a different brand and a 42.5 so can’t really compare.

Wondering if Fizik shoes break in?

On a side note. How does Bont sizing feel, as for my size. They recommended a 42.5

Regards, Richard
Last edited by: thetrickster: Feb 2, 23 13:06
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Sizing + Bont Options [thetrickster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yo Richard -

Generally knit uppers won't break in too much compared to like a leather or synthetic leather. I am not sure about Bont sizing. fizik has always ran small and narrow compared to other shoe manufacturers in the biz.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Sizing + Bont Options [JayTeeee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Jay

Took a punt on the 43 Bont - as they recommend their 42.5 on their comparison guide I wear a 41.5 in Fizik - so working from that, (with the 41.5 being too small) the Bont 43 should be good

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thetrickster wrote:
So I got a pair of fizik transiro r1 infinito a while back on sale, tried them on, felt okay. Race cancelled so didn’t use them.

Fast forward to now I’m going to use them and they for sure feel small now.

Double checking the sizing chart and their print out. I’m a EU 41.5 to them - Foot length 257
(As per photo)

My other shoes are a different brand and a 42.5 so can’t really compare.

Wondering if Fizik shoes break in?

On a side note. How does Bont sizing feel, as for my size. They recommended a 42.5

I am a long term Bont advocate. I use the semi custom option as it means I can get the extra width I need plus a slight size difference left vs right.

You should fully follow exactly what they recomend. They certainly do not break in at all as the carbon tub wraps up at the edges so nowhere to grow.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Sizing + Bont Options [cgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cgrubb wrote:
You should fully follow exactly what they recommend. They certainly do not break in at all as the carbon tub wraps up at the edges so nowhere to grow.

Hmm - I'm think I'm going to order a 44 now also if there is zero give (which makes sense) - just to get a feel on the sizing and send the wrong one back - don't want to be in the same situation as I was with the Fizik's...

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looping back on this

43 Fitted fine - 44 were way too big.

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Bont Vaypor S (44.5 wide) and Vaypor Plus (44.5 standard). I measured 44 standard using Bont's measuring methods, but ended up going a half size up b/c I fit my own insole. I noticed the 44.5 wide is more comfortable with my insole and the standard is ok without socks. I don't mold them and it's been fine. I would be curious how the standard fits with Bont's new insoles.

For reference, I usually wear a 44.5 in SWorks (I believe they measure 44.6) and 10.5 US in most shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Sizing + Bont Options [tri@thlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to trying their insoles also

At the moment I'm going to use my old Specialized blue ones

Regards, Richard
Quote Reply