Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fixed my Joe Blow Pro bleeder valve leak
Quote | Reply
My Joe Blow bleeder plug that is yellow on the side started leaking.

I went through a bunch of pumps until this one and it has worked flawlessly for over 5 years. I was so pissed when it started leaking.

Tried to remove the hex screw on the other side of the button you push. Could not loosen screw using oil and accetone poured on the bolt. Then I tried to unscrew the yellow button and it now works fine.

Do not know how long the fix will last but thought I would share in case others run into the same problem.

BTW, I would have bought another one of these pumps as it has been incredible besides this problem. I never use the bleed plug and wish they just did not have it.

Curious if others have run into the bleeder plug leaking. If so how did you fix?
Last edited by: bartturner: May 23, 15 8:12
Quote Reply
Re: Fixed my Joe Blow Pro bleeder valve leak [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ours started leaking too after ~7 or 8 years of use. I took the pump completely apart cleaned all the bits, lubed the pump seal and put it back together. It's been just fine in the couple of years since.

YMMV,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine leaked too. Tried everything.
Took as much apart as was possible, cleaned and lubed everything etc.

Ended up buying a new one, as this was at least 10 years old, and didn't really owe me anything.

But I agree - wish that bleeder valve wasn't there, or else I'd still be using the original one.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the recommendation. I just unscrewed and rescrewed it in and it fixed my favorite pump!

2011 Orbea Onix TLT
In the mail: 2014 Orbea Ordu M30 w/ Zipp 404/808 set
Quote Reply