Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fitting question for Tom and Dan.(Saddle Height)
Quote | Reply
Fitting question. I’ve read all kinds of articles and tested all types of equations and they all tell me the same thing with an 80cm inseam my starting height of my saddle should be 71cm from center of BB to top of the saddle. My question comes from being fitted for my new Cervelo P2K (52cm 700c) a couple of weeks ago when my saddle rose to 74cm center from BB to top of the saddle. That’s a big difference in saddle height, is it the more forward you are the higher your saddle should be? On my road bike I seat at around 73 degrees and saddle height is 71cm. On my Cervelo I’m not sure what the seat angle is but the tip of the saddle is -1cm behind the BB (SLR Saddle). I’m more comfortable and feel more powerful with the seat lower and back, can you move your saddle forward and back and keep the same height or is lowering and raising your saddle just as important in the set up?
Quote Reply
Re: Fitting question for Tom and Dan.(Saddle Height) [Jason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Measure from the center of the BB to the center of the top of the saddle, where it is over the post, and that distence should always be consistent. You will have to raise your saddle if you move it forward on the rails and lower it if you move it rearward on the rails, or vise versa.

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: Fitting question for Tom and Dan.(Saddle Height) [Jason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read what it says on this web site about fore/aft saddle position. It states as you move your saddle forward it is the same as effectively lowering your seat. This should also apply if going from a shallow to a steep angle. I don't know what the ratio formula for this is but you should adjust youir seat height accordingly. I ride the same as you on a road bike/tri bike at aprox. 71.5/74.

http://www.triathlonacademy.com/articles/lymanbikefit101.asp
Quote Reply