Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fit & elbow comfort
Quote | Reply
I've been doing a lot of experiments on my fit largely from reading Dan's recent articles. Here's a gist of what I've done.

I used to ride my Cervelo P2K with the seat at about 76/77 degrees (my guesstimate given seatpost head facing rearward and saddle pushed all the way forward). I use Syntace C2 aerobars & drop bars. My experience has been that this position is too long for me and I experience some lower back pains and can't hold the aero position for very long.

I recently flipped the seatpost head forward, put the saddle rails in the middle neutral position, thus achieving in my guesstimate a position of about 78 degrees. I also angled the aerobars slightly upward. I feel much more comfortable in this position and achieve, more or less, the 90 degree torso and arm angle.

There's only one problem. My elbows ache! Is this mainly because I'm putting more weight on them and I'll get used to them over time, or is it an indication that there's still something wrong. It is not a sharp pain at all. Rather, I just get this unbearable urge to straighten them out after about 1 hour of riding like this, like the sensation one has when sitting at the back seat of a car and you can't stretch out your legs.

Is this normal? Do I just give it time?
Last edited by: pmerckx: May 9, 03 7:30
Quote Reply