Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fit critique. Please help me, it's appreciated.
Quote | Reply
So took a year off (baby) and got out of shape BIG TIME (gradually losing the weight) I am looking to get back into a few sprints and lowered and moved the extensions out a bit from what I had before. I could probable move them out 1-2CM more and down .5CM by changing from the ceegee pads to the stock zipp pads. Other than that any lower would probably need to buy the under mount kit and this would get me 2cm lower. Cranks are 165mm. I am doing a three race series and ultimately would like to set a sprint PR in one of them at least. Anyways I feel comfortable but looking at it in the video I can tell I need major improvements (rolling hips?). I just need some help getting there. Anyways any help would be appreciated and applied. Thank you.

Video Link (sorry for dim lit old dusty Detroit basement video)

LINK: https://vimeo.com/342252962

Ps. The knocking sound is the junction box in the frame and will be fixed when position is settled.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: Jun 14, 19 7:54
Quote Reply
Re: Fit critique. Please help me, it's appreciated. [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please notice that I know nothing about fit :) Don't blame me for trying.

Would say that getting the front down/undermount seems like a good idea. Without knowing crank length, I think that shorter cranks + sadle up is worth a try. Normally the first reply would be 'sadle down', but look ok to me... Apart from that, not sure what else you can try....

Good luck, looking forward to see the replies of others, with more knowledge on the subject :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how tall are you?

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Fit critique. Please help me, it's appreciated. [T.Skelton3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5’8”

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what size cranks are you on? sorry...meant to ask earlier

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you have horrible TT posture, and that with zero changes to the bike but a ton of postural changes you could have a good TT position.

That said, if you can't get the TT posture down, then perhaps a -25 stem or an undermount system might help.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Fit critique. Please help me, it's appreciated. [T.Skelton3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
165mm. Would prefer not to have to get new cranks. I have three bikes with 165mm and I have a 4iiii power meter I swap between them.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Fit critique. Please help me, it's appreciated. [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha thanks. Like I said it’s an eye opener after taking a video how bad I look. I’m looking for any suggestions possible to what might help me out. I know what I should look like. But getting there and moving my body into a better position is just not intuitive to me. In other words my body awareness on a bike is horrible.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: Jun 14, 19 9:51
Quote Reply