Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Finman challenge course (starts saturday)
Quote | Reply
Saturday, 7AM: marathon 1
Sunday: IM Arizona
Monday: 8AM: marathon 2

the bookend marathons is on the rock & roll marathon course. map here.

if you want to see the finman, be on the marathon course around the time he comes by. he'll run about 5hr pace on the first marathon.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yawn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
if you want to see the finman, be on the marathon course around the time he comes by. he'll run about 5hr pace on the first marathon.

So, he's going to walk a marathon distance the day before and after the IM? Whoopie. (No offense.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming this will be live on ESPN 8.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Five hour pace? I thought he claimed he would be RUNNING the marathons? What a loser.
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [paul_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm assuming this will be live on ESPN 8.

Its too big for the Ocho.
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [Slappy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why doesn't he just go do an Ultraman? This seems more ego than anyting to me. It's like he is trying to show up all the other "Ironman" participants. Honestly, if I was doing my 1st ironman and there was someone there trying to do this it would just irritate me more than impress me. By my thoughts an Ironman is suppose to be a race in itself and if there is someone trying to do a marathon the day before or after then they really aren't racing the ironman and leaving it all out there. If he would like a longer event than he should just do an ultraman. Why do an ironman if your going to leave gas in the tank. Honestly makes no sense at all to me and it just seems he is mostly doing it to try and show up the other athletes there. That's just my thoughts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will it be just Finman, or did some folks actual take the challenge?

Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Five hour pace? I thought he claimed he would be RUNNING the marathons? What a loser.

He WILL be running the marathons ....

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will someone who is watching this fiasco please throw something at the sociopath as he waddles by? Preferably a dead fish. Thanks; much appreciated.
Last edited by: hgrong: Nov 20, 09 18:49
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [flipmypancake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I highly doubt that Ultraman would let him in. He is checked in for the race. Sally asked when she checked in this afternoon.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [Slappy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"So, he's going to walk a marathon distance the day before and after the IM? Whoopie. (No offense.)"

While I am no fan of finman I think you can't play this one down too much. Starting an IM the following day with depleted glycogen stores will make an IM definitely more impressive in my book. And it's "impressive" what draws most people to the IM distance in the first place as only a few truly race it. He better has a very good nutrition plan ready IMO. If he completes the three days than props to him completing the three day journey.

That said I don't buy the fish story either. We'll see how it goes...or will we? Is anybody actually keeping track of the miles?

�The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.� -Michelangelo

MoodBoost Drink : Mood Support + Energy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fact is, most will be at a wedding...the others wont give a shit. If I had known this I would have made a call to an AZ Sheriff to see if some con in some pink underwear could shank the 'Finman' in route....I have to think that even with a two minute 'Cliffs Notes' version the Sheriff would let someone out to shank this idiot.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [hgrong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Will someone who is watching this fiasco please throw something at the sociopath as he waddles by? Preferably a dead fish. Thanks; much appreciated.

Why don't you go down there and do it yourself?

Sociopath. On this website. THAT is funny.

Honestly I hope he finishes it. Only because it is going to drive this place bezerk.
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [I hate everyone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Honestly I hope he finishes it. Only because it is going to drive this place bezerk.

Okay...what is your phone number? I need to call you and leave random threats...and, what is your wifes bike size? I am going to teach you not only how to make an Ice Bath, but also how to make 'Flat Cola' and whistle you a tune or two to see if you can identify the chords. Torture is the best you can hope for as I tie you to your aero bars and pull some compression socks up to your knees as I lift your seat height. You best be kind to god as I do not have a tri-spoke wheel to put on the front of your bike.

Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Okay...what is your phone number? I need to call you and leave random threats...and, what is your wifes bike size? I am going to teach you not only how to make an Ice Bath, but also how to make 'Flat Cola' and whistle you a tune or two to see if you can identify the chords. Torture is the best you can hope for as I tie you to your aero bars and pull some compression socks up to your knees as I lift your seat height. You best be kind to god as I do not have a tri-spoke wheel to put on the front of your bike.

Dammit I am not that easy...you are going to at least promise to teach me how to shave my legs without getting those annoying little nicks before I give you my digits. And while you are at it, get comfortable while you opine about how things used to be. I will be taking notes.
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I highly doubt that Ultraman would let him in. He is checked in for the race. Sally asked when she checked in this afternoon.

I agree Cathy.Thankfully the invitation process for Ultraman allows them to use the "no assholes allowed" clause to keep dicks like Finman away.Besides he would have to do a hell of a lot more than his pissy little challenge to impress anyone I know in the Ultra-world.

I wish I was in Kona right now with our little Ultra-family. :-(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Don't think I've ever seen an organized marathon on a Monday?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Used to be that if we were to enter the draft zone...folks would start to sneeze and it was not worth their time to draft thanks to the convulsions of the sneeze.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good morning

Well the weekend has come and some of you still dont get it. You're all still chit chatting about how this makes or doesn't make you feel. Once again, I am not doing this for any of you - I put this together for myself.... To see if I am able to do this challenge, not to see what you think about it and certainly not to hear someone who would never attempt such a challenge...downgrade it as Easy, or Simple !!!! Because lets be clear, with most of you, I could do a Double Ironman and it wouldnt make any difference to ya.

So those who have supported this and me.... I truly appreciate it. And those who havent.... I appreciate you also ---

I'm excited for a great weekend - I got to meet some great people out here already.... I put together a nice amount of money for an incredibly worthwhile charity... So for me, once I get done with this challenge... this weekend will be a HUGE success.

I hope all of you have a great weekend as well - I'm off to run marathon #1
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [justfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I think Boston is fairly organized.
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [TheRealFinMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you meet this guy out there. Talk about a study in contrast!

http://www.azfamily.com/younews/65691372.html

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [TheRealFinMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once again, I am not doing this for any of you - I put this together for myself.... To see if I am able to do this challenge, not to see what you think about it and certainly not to hear someone who would never attempt such a challenge

No you're not. You are doing it to try and "prove" that you did not cheat at an IM. Your attempts to treat this as some kind of charitable act for others or as a personal journey rings hollow.

There are many people who have done great things in complete anonymity, you should read up on them and stop drawing attention to yourself under the guise of doing charitable work.
Last edited by: FJB: Nov 21, 09 8:59
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [paul_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I think Boston is fairly organized.

If Boston is on Monday then I am not aware (for valid reasons), but Finman is REALLY slow, so I how did he qualify for Boston?
Quote Reply
Re: Finman challenge course (starts saturday) [justfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Boston is on Monday then I am not aware (for valid reasons), but Finman is REALLY slow, so I how did he qualify for Boston?

my brain hurts
Quote Reply

Prev Next