Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finally my Cervelo!!!! But what Saddle to buy?
Quote | Reply
Well after several years of telling people I'm getting a Cervelo, I finally managed to pry the money out of my savings account and send it to Nytro for a P2K, just last week. Well, it 's just the frame, fork and seatpost and I'm building it up from there.

I already have some parts for it but I really need a new seat for it and want to know what works best.

As you may know, I am near clydesdale in weight, so the fleshy bits get quite a workout, especially on horrific roads of New Zealand. I'm going to be doing IMNZ in March 04 and the course is very flat and very rough. This means not alot of time out of the saddle (hey, you try draggin' 82kg off the seat to go just that little bit faster). Therefore the rough road really pounds the hell out of the one and only perinium I have. Last IM (IMNZ 2000) I got a stress fracture in my pelvis! right by my perinium, from the rough road. Slowed my running just a bit, but I still finished. (hey I paid NZD$600 for the damned shirt so I was gonna collect it come hell or high water)

Comfort is my prime concern, not just for comfort, but because it's a flat course, weight is less of an issue. I don't want a saddle that looks like a potato chip, I want something my ass will be happy with. What are your recommendations?

TriDork

p.s. Can't believe I'm talking about my "nether regions" with complete strangers :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Finally my Cervelo!!!! But what Saddle to buy? [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
of course, nothing is likely to be more personal than a saddle, but I chose the Fizik Alliante over the San Marco tri offerings. it just fit me better I guess. It has a well padded nose, and the shell is designed to flex. You'll likely try all the normal tri saddles, but give the fizik a shot too.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally my Cervelo!!!! But what Saddle to buy? [brad in WA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a lovely bianchi green ti flite saddle that will go perfectly with you new xervelo. A mere $15 + shipping.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced IMNZ last year and I agree about the roads. After a few test rides on the course I decided to wear two pairs of tri shorts and seemed to do the trick! What a great race, wish I was going back in 04!

Saddles are a matter of personal choice, I ride the Azoto on my Cervelo which works for me. I raced IMNZ on a Trek road bike with Selle San marco Rolls and that worked as well, but funny enough the Rolls did work on the P2.

Re: Finally my Cervelo!!!! But what Saddle to buy? [SimpleS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Selle San marco Tri Gel...........

"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a 220 lb. clydesdale. The only saddle that I find comfortable in the aero position (and I have tried a lot of saddles) is the Koobi Tri. The best thing about the Koobi (other than the comfort) is that they will let you return it within 30 days if you don't like it.
Quote Reply