Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Few Questions on Using Computrainer with Zwift
Quote | Reply
Hi all, have an 11 year old Computrainer. I have been primarily using Trainer Road but have also started to use Zwift because of the link with TrainingPeaks since that is what my coach uses. I have also used the TrainerRoad Workout builder and works fine, just an extra step. It works very well and no problems on either product as they are both different.

For Zwift, there are two questions that I have tried to figure out if I am missing anything, but I think the answer is still “No” but I wanted to check with you all with more experience with Zwift:

1. Calibration after the workout is started. When in TrainerRoad I start the workout and ride along for about 5 minutes then do the calibration by pausing (F1), hitting F3 to do the calibration, hitting F3 to lock it in, then keeping riding. I have not figured out how to do this in Zwift. I do the calibration by riding on the CT before I plug in the USB, but this data is not then able to be captured in my Strava file (note after the comma should be in pink..). Can I control Zwift from the CT headset for calibration like I do with TrainerRoad after I have started the workout? What about on the laptop (which honestly is out of reach when riding).

2. Viewing the ERG workout (TrainerRoad type view) versus riding around in the virtual world. Sometimes you just want to focus and stare at the dot on the wall :), or more likely I will minimize this and can just see the graphic while watching something else. Is there a way to see this type of screen while riding in Zwift?

3. Anything like SpinScan on either system to graphically show pedaling efficiency?

Thanks for the help!

I miss you "Sports Night"
Last edited by: Quo Vadimus: Apr 4, 19 14:46
Quote Reply
Re: Few Questions on Using Computrainer with Zwift [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if I have the right answer, but before I got my powermeter I just did the warmup and calibration prior to starting zwift with racermate software open with the usb plugged in. Then starting zwift after that. Now I just use my PM as my power source and let zwift adjust the computrainer
Last edited by: redlude97: Apr 4, 19 14:52
Quote Reply
Re: Few Questions on Using Computrainer with Zwift [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I use a CT for resistance and P1s for power. No way to calibrate in zwift AFAIK, have to exit then reconnect. I just warmup prior to starting my zwift sessions

Do not know about the other questions
Quote Reply
Re: Few Questions on Using Computrainer with Zwift [redlude97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I did as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just one note, if you really want accurate results from your computrainer, you should warm up for 10 minutes, not 5. Then accelerate to over 25 mph and coast down. I almost always use my Quarq as the power source but when I've compared the power between the properly calibrated CT & my Quarq they've always matched reasonably well. But if you don't calibrate properly, who knows, someone I follow on Strava did a computrainer TT and the CT read about 15% high compared with the athlete's PM.
Quote Reply
Re: Few Questions on Using Computrainer with Zwift [redlude97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Yeah, I have an old wheel with the Continental traininer tire on it and my Powertaps are one my road bike and disc. I try to ride road bike outside as much as possible so usually just keep tri bike on the trainer. I also use my Mac. When I first got the CT I bought a simple Dell and used that until TrainerRoad came out and I could use it on my Mac. Thanks for the response as that may be a workable solution at some point.

Quote Reply
Re: Few Questions on Using Computrainer with Zwift [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Yeah, that’s why I was asking as I notice a variance if I just get on, calibrate, and go. So usually I ride a while, even in TR, but at minimum 5 minutes. I am really not too bothered by super accurate results, but I found if I don’t calibrate some of the higher power intervals get really difficult! Thanks for the info.

Others, appreciate your comments as well.

Quote Reply