Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feverish after long ride -- any ideas?
Quote | Reply
Took in a 62 mile ride yesterday. It was warm down here in Georgia, but not unbearably so. Felt fine before the ride -- no hint whatsoever of any impending illness. As I neared the halfway point of the ride, I began to feel worse than normal. My pace was slower than usual, and I started aching pretty bad. I finished the ride, and began to feel even worse. About an hour after the ride, I found our thermometer and saw that I had a 100.4 temperature. I took some medicine and within three hours, my temperature was back to normal. Anybody else ever have an experience like this? It was very strange. The only thing I did differently was taking some Endurolytes. I've never taken these before, and I took three over the course of the ride. Surely the Endurolytes wouldn't have elevated my temperature, would they? Just wondering if something similar has happened to any of you before. For the record, I'm taking today off from training, though I feel fine.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Feverish after long ride -- any ideas? [rhpreston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its normal for body temperature to be elevated during and significantly after exercise (beyond even a couple hours), even to levels approximating 'fever values' ie, above 37.5 C. The degree of body temperature elevation depends on the individual and the stress of the exercise (for instance, some individuals will have a higher bt after intense exercise, which is the standard response, although others may have a higher temp after long bouts)

If you feel fine, and do not have a temperature the day after, or any other symptoms, Id say its safe to assume that all you measured was an elevated core temp following exercise.

If you want to check out your normal response, maybe try taking your temp every hour or so post exercise, on an easy training day, and comparing it to your response after a hard workout. That way youll know whats normal for you, and be able to gauge deviations from that norm...

What are the ingredients of Endurolytes? I dont use them and am not familiar with them. If theres caffeine/guarana anything like that in there that could explain it...

And 2: I often have an elevated bt after intense or longduration workouts, and this can last all day if I overreach..

Ziva
Quote Reply