Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt ia areo bar ideas
Quote | Reply
What bars have you used and liked on the felt ia? I have hydralic brakes and the di2 single buttons. I just tried to swap to a alpha one, i haven't seen it yet but the mechanic said the bento won't fit and he crushed the base bar clamping the brakes to the bar...
I probably should have left the stock one on, it just seemed cheap...
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ia areo bar ideas [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you need a new mechanic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something is not right... I have an Alpha X on my IA, and I was going to suggest the One. I cannot imagine a situation that it could interfere with the storage box. The One is lower profile than the stock bar. And the base bar crush sounds odd... like, did the mechanic over tighten the brake lever expanders?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ia areo bar ideas [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same question ... OP emailed us and said his mechanic claimed to have crushed the prior aerobar (not one of ours) with just 3 Nm of torque. I advised our aerobars would be a valid replacement and should not crush at 3 Nm of torque, but to perhaps consider a different mechanic.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he is pretty old and experienced, i believe him when he says he was torqued at between 3 and 4. ill get it back in a day or so and see whats up i guess, he was velofix but took the bike haha. he put the bar on and went ot install the bento and said it will not fit?? i thought that was wierd too. hopefully someone on here has the alpha one on their bike and ill just order a new base bar
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ia areo bar ideas [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree your bars probably aren't the problem. I need to get the bike back... is he right about the bento hitting the stem? I love the alpha ones and hopefully just need to order a new base bar... that was me emailing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello I just recently bought IA advanced disc (with integrated aerobar and stem like old frd model)

How did you fixed front fairing when u are using tririg. Could you show us some pics?

Thanks!

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt ia areo bar ideas [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ooooh thanks you that was my other question too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know about the Alpha One specifically, but there are definitely bars with integrated stems that interfere with the Bento. I've seen photos of a setup with a 51 Speedshop bar where they trimmed the bento back a bit. It was still functional but seems a bit ghetto for such an expensive setup.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha sorry for stealing your thread!

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Felt IA 10. Had the Tririg Alpha X for about 18 months and it was great. Currently use the 51 speed shop bar which I like a little better only because the base bar fits my hands better. Both are awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Felt IA10 and had the alpha one installed in February. No issues with the install, mechanic had it on within minutes. I got fit in a few hours and have loved it ever since. Never had any issues with it at all.
Quote Reply