Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Did they know what you were talking about because none of the shops around here that carry felt have any idea

Yeah, knew exactly what I meant when I said V2/V3.

JustinDoesTriathlon

Owner, FuelRodz Endurance.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [justinhorne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Replaced mine with V3. For piece of mind if nothing else......
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Did they know what you were talking about because none of the shops around here that carry felt have any idea

I had to tell the LBS about it because FELT wouldn't just send me the part. So I had to call the LBS, explain to them what's going on, have them call FELT, order the part, and then I went and picked it up from them.

But when I initially contacted them...they had zero idea what I was even talking about. Pretty frustrating because my LBS is listed as a premier FELT dealer. You'd think FELT would have reached out to them with a tech notice
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting ready to re-outfit a new '17 IA16. This thread has made it even more enticing to ditch the stock bars and go tririg....
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just checked mine and noticed they are V2, so I'll be speaking to the LBS tomorrow morning.
More disconcerting for me are the arm rest clamps.
Today, my right armrest suddenly slipped around the extension, to almost vertical position!
Luckily, I was on the turbo. I almost fell off, into my fan.
I'm using carbon extensions, and have applied CF paste on the clamped area. The clamps are torqued to 6Nm, as per the decals on them, yet I noticed just now, whilst reading this thread, that the latest instruction for the Riser clamps also says 7NM for armrests.
I'm wary of using too much torque as I don't want to crack the carbon extensions, but, I don't want the clamp slipping while out on the road, s I could have easily fallen into the pan of a car today.
Anyone else have issues with the arm rest clamps?

I will start a separate post and also contact Felt in the morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The V3 is much better than V2 and you can torque it higher as well. I have had the same issue with the arm rests in the past. I just made extra sure I had the torque at 6nm (if not a twitch more)
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had my arm pads slip down too, but I didn't have grit/carbon grease on them. So loosened them off, applied gritty stuff, put back in position and torqued to spec. They didn't move again. That was about a month ago.
I've since decided I absolutely hate the stock arm pads/cups, not comfy, and I wanted to change out the extensions anyway. So now have Zipp evo 110 aluminum extensions, and using the clamps/pads (ceegee) from my gen1 Trek SC9. Oh, and yeah, I replaced the V2 extension clamps with V3.

Cheers
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Apr 9, 18 14:08
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want to reposition my arm rests further apart and noticed that the part that connects the pad to the aero bar has 4 screw holes, 2 inner and two outer.

I have been using the 2 holes nearest to the center but want to move to the outer ones. Is this ok? The metal around the outer holes seems much thinner compared to the inner ones. I don't want it to snap off mid ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The material is a lot thicker around the inner holes to cope with the bending stresses from using the outer holes. So using the outer holes shouldn’t be any problem.

Personal best:
Ironman 9:22:02
Ironman 70.3 4:20:00
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [teinvall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had any luck getting the replacement v3 clamps in the UK?

My dealer, where I bought my bike has been really helpful, but they are getting no response from their emails to Felt.

I've also emailed Felt Europe directly but no response either.

Anyone had any luck? Would be great to swap these out for piece of mind before race season!
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [jockhaggis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got them from Felt Europe to Ireland way back. IIRC it was a guy from Felt on ST that assisted getting it sent from Felt Europe
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! With a bit of luck the Felt guy/girl will pop up on here with some advice.

In the meantime I'm hoping Felt get back to the dealer directly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you ever get this resolved? We just bought a second (pre-disc) IA and had forgotten that we'd need to go and get the brakes and the clamps replaced. The shop we bought it from in Germany is super helpful but they don't seem to be getting much traction with Felt Europe and Felt Europe aren't replying to my emails either.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [ejls2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FELT was all over it from me. I just called them directly. The only annoying part is they had to ship it to my local bike store.

The local bike store didn't know what was going on when I called them at first
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ejls2 wrote:
Did you ever get this resolved? We just bought a second (pre-disc) IA and had forgotten that we'd need to go and get the brakes and the clamps replaced. The shop we bought it from in Germany is super helpful but they don't seem to be getting much traction with Felt Europe and Felt Europe aren't replying to my emails either.

This must be an issue with the shop. If we email Felt for parts needed i get response mostly the same day and information that it is shipped the day after. No issues at all. Which parts do you need, we stock most parts.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sure did, took a bit of doing though. My dealer in UK was great but his Felt contact never replied, so I emailed Felt Europe but I got no reply either. So I then emailed Felt US/Global and got a very quick response saying they had passed my query on to Felt Europe. A couple of days later someone from Time in France (part of Group) got in touch for address and sent me the clamps which arrived just in time for me to fit for a race.

So, I’m summary, email Felt’s global/US email address directly and hopefully they’ll push the right local buttons for you.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I straight up sent FELT support this thread and told them I wanted the new clamps. I had them a week later.

The brakes took a bit longer, but was more waiting for shipping than anything
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. I have some Bayonet 3 bars I've been riding for a couple years. Just checked and it's the V2 bracket.

In this case I gotta say... it's a faulty design. Not only is there a sharp stress riser at the base of the bolt heads, there is hardly any thickness to the clamp at that point. Even if there weren't any failures (and it appears there have been many!) I wouldn't expect that clamp to last.

For the sake of anyone else with these bars, this is the broken bracket in the original post:

This is what the new bracket looks like:

And this is a comparison diagram from Felt posted earlier in this thread:

The brackets aren't for sale anywhere that I've seen. Going to call Felt, and hope they'll ship them to me. The nearest dealer is over 300 miles away.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA aero bar fail [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My closest dealer was 150 miles away. They still made me ship them to the shop..then the shop shipped them to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't find a phone number either. Just sent a help request.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks all! I'm very glad you all managed to get yours sorted.

After many days of trying, our dealer replied to say they had managed to get the clamps about 30 seconds after I posted here! :-)

FWIW, they've been great but Felt Europe have been incredibly slow. I have been emailing them since April to try to source other spares and it's taken many, many emails to even get a reply, let alone any sort of constructive action.

Tripro - Thank you very much. We're just down the road from you in IJburg so we now have an extra excuse to come visit one day soon. If we can't get anything else I'll definitely drop you a line.

All the best,

Ed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:
FELT was all over it from me. I just called them directly. The only annoying part is they had to ship it to my local bike store.
The local bike store didn't know what was going on when I called them at first....

I straight up sent FELT support this thread and told them I wanted the new clamps. I had them a week later....

My closest dealer was 150 miles away. They still made me ship them to the shop..then the shop shipped them to me.

Did you actually call them? I don't see a phone number anywhere. The only listed way to contact them is through this: https://feltbicycles.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There used to be...I had mine replaced awhile ago
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No response to 4 emails through their system... Great customer service, Felt!

Would be nice to get some sort of response... anything.
Last edited by: rruff: Aug 28, 19 8:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
No response to 4 emails through their system... Great customer service, Felt!

Would be nice to get some sort of response... anything.

That's nuts. I recently had to send a 2nd email to get them to send me a part but it was nothing like that. Though...the part has not arrived yet... hmm.
Quote Reply

Prev Next