Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Felt IA Build [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Callin' wrote:
yes, but just to be clear, the dagger stems fit the IA bike with double digits (10/16) and not the IA1 or the FRD. sorry if you already knew this, but you specifically stated the FRD in your original post.

I'm 99% sure that is not correct. You can run the dagger stem (http://www.feltbicycles.com/...IA-Dagger-Stems.aspx) on an IA FRD and IA1. Look at the holes on the dagger stem where the front brake cover tabs would be. The IA10 or 16 do not have a front brake cover that mates with this dagger stem.

wow you are right, I never even noticed the little holes for the brake cover. it's probably what JA is using:

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Dec 5, 17 11:56
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Build [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get an SRM and a PC8 already
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Build [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:

Not making 165 cranks yet!

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might be able to find a SRM Dura Ace 9000 from Backcountry or R&A Cycles in 165mm, might have to get 53/39 separate. If you’re waiting on The SRM Origin with 9100 ring...I don’t blame you..that thing looks like it came from Tiffany’s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
You might be able to find a SRM Dura Ace 9000 from Backcountry or R&A Cycles in 165mm, might have to get 53/39 separate. If you’re waiting on The SRM Origin with 9100 ring...I don’t blame you..that thing looks like it came from Tiffany’s.

LOL.......... yea will prob just keep it simple with the Dzero, even though I do admit SRM is still the gold standard!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
mike s wrote:

Not making 165 cranks yet!

Yes they do!!

I’ll sell you one.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don’t pass up this ^^^^offer, when I bought my SRM DA9000 165’s, I bought it direct and still had to wait 10 weeks. It’s the best Powermeter investment. The refurbishment process isn’t as painful as people make it when you need a new battery.
Last edited by: mike s: Dec 5, 17 19:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
Don’t pass up this ^^^^offer, when I bought my SRM DA9000 165’s, I bought it direct and still had to wait 10 weeks. It’s the best Powermeter investment. The refurbishment process isn’t as painful as people make it when you need a new battery.

I buy new bike parts!!!! lol, but I do buy used wheels! ......Steve just wants a reason to buy a new power meter thats only reason he is selling.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i still don't understand why you are switching from the SC.

do you really think all this time and money is going to be worth it? what do you think you'll save on an IM course?

spend the money on a yoga membership to ensure you don't get injured... the sc is plenty fast for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Build [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More than likely will lose time because the Speed Concept is as fast as the P5. Felt IA is slower than both at low yaw. It could be a wash though...

Since he's on Team EMJ and they have a Felt deal....well that's probably why he is switching. The team, sense of belonging, and feeling like you have to support the team sponsors can make you spend lots of money.

It would be really funny to spend all that money and actually go slower. Do it for the team though!

Some people like switching bikes a lot though I never understood that.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Dec 7, 17 20:11
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Build [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's be real here though. It's "slower" but not by a whole lot. The impact of minor differences in equipment is vastly exaggerated. Also, I can't recall ever seeing an IA compared to a speed concept. Is that data out there?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Build [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some ideas. Last year's project. Paint it black! ;) Fully integrated cables through risers (which allows for a EW-RS910 bar end junction integration in extension). Brakes are a pain in the ass (fixed that problem with a couple of helicoidal springs adding more tension to the weak stock springs). Flo Wheels. 1X...

Last edited by: duduardoman: Dec 8, 17 12:16
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Build [duduardoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What gearing is your 1x? Is that a 'medium' cage ultegra rear der?
Thx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks really good!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run eTap and the blip box is currently velcro'd to the inside of the frame, underneath the Calpac.
Presently, I have Alpha X bars fitted, but as highlighted earlier, you can't secure the nose cone properly, so mine is held on with black Gaffer tape!
If I can get hold of one of those Dagger stems (in UK), the TriRig set up is getting the boot!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did you get your aftermarket brake springs? Do you have a part number I could source?

Just a question on your set up... You went to lot of trouble to hide all the cabling, yet you run the first section, from the bar end shifters, outside the bar.
When I ran Di2, I found the cable connectors would push through the centre of the expander joints, and run straight through the the extension...

Tidy bike, I'm going to dee if I can go back to the IA base bars...
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Build [hopper1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best thing to do is actually to grind the tabs off of the top of the felt top nose section, glue in a "top" with a little nub in it that will fit into the hole in the TriRig, and then fiberglass/carbon the top and bottom parts together. It works great. I have done it for a few people.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Build [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had thought of 'tweaking' the nose section to work with the TriRig set up, but want to keep it as original, so I can revert when selling it on...
Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Build [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
What gearing is your 1x? Is that a 'medium' cage ultegra rear der?
Thx

Actually this pictures were just for show... I was selling my bike and the Ultegra Di2 8050 was an option.

I have been using a 1X setup with and Ultegra Di2 Medium Cage rear derailleur, SRAM 1x chainrings, Wolftooth's Roadlink Adapter and and an 11-36 or 11-32 Sram cassette. In my experience, tt works fairly well, yes, but not flawlessly AND since the derailleur does not have a clutch, chain has come off a couple of times in very rough terrain. This has happened only twice in one year of (a lot of) riding but it happened once during a race. Was not happy.

Found out the best solution was an XT Di2 MTB rear derailleur. Perfect shifts, absolutely flawless, no adapters required and it has a clutch so chain stays in place... highly recommended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hopper1 wrote:
Where did you get your aftermarket brake springs? Do you have a part number I could source?

Just a question on your set up... You went to lot of trouble to hide all the cabling, yet you run the first section, from the bar end shifters, outside the bar.
When I ran Di2, I found the cable connectors would push through the centre of the expander joints, and run straight through the the extension...

Tidy bike, I'm going to see if I can go back to the IA base bars...

About the cables... bar tape was still missing. I wanted the neater, more naked look for the pictures (I was selling the bike).

About the springs... no aftermarket "brake" springs. Just some standard helicoidal springs of the right size just like the ones in the picture below . I fit them below the cable stopper so when the brake is released they give some additional power for the brake to open. It is a simple solution but it totally solved the poor return problem of these brakes for me. They were being a total pain in the ass... even the front brake!

Quote Reply
Re: Felt IA Build [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Just bought one from Felt's website. It was a straight swap with the OEM stem... no maintenance or adjustments needed.

You where dead on about the "Dagger" stem. I think where there is some confusion is that not all "dagger" stems are the same. I talked with Felt yesterday and the rep I was talking to said that. Current one is like you said 110mm and -17 drop making the bike longer and lower and can accept all base bars that are 31.8mm. Leaving me with option of Zipp Vuka, but I don't know how adj that bar is in terms of moving in forwards and back to dial in reach.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hopper1 wrote:
I run eTap and the blip box is currently velcro'd to the inside of the frame, underneath the Calpac.
Presently, I have Alpha X bars fitted, but as highlighted earlier, you can't secure the nose cone properly, so mine is held on with black Gaffer tape!
If I can get hold of one of those Dagger stems (in UK), the TriRig set up is getting the boot!

You can't get the TR Alpha X stem on without having to tape nose cone? Did you shave off those tabs? If you replaced the Alpha X what bar would you go to?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
The best thing to do is actually to grind the tabs off of the top of the felt top nose section, glue in a "top" with a little nub in it that will fit into the hole in the TriRig, and then fiberglass/carbon the top and bottom parts together. It works great. I have done it for a few people.

Any pics by any chance? I am scarred to move forward with a Alpha X till i can actually see one thats been done.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are scared, you should enlist the help of someone who isn't.

Confidence is everything when trying to piece together perfection from parts that were not meant to go together.

That said, I own 2 sets of Alpha X, and 2 sets of Ventus 2s, none of which are on my Felt IA. The original bars are plenty Aero as long as you replace the original bottom bolts with something that is a bit cleaner than stock.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
If you are scared, you should enlist the help of someone who isn't.

Confidence is everything when trying to piece together perfection from parts that were not meant to go together.

That said, I own 2 sets of Alpha X, and 2 sets of Ventus 2s, none of which are on my Felt IA. The original bars are plenty Aero as long as you replace the original bottom bolts with something that is a bit cleaner than stock.

I am scarred of order parts/bars that then don't end up like how i want them. Guess in perfect world I would get the zipp vuka + dagger stem and the TriRig and play with both of them. But I would rather just order one or the other. I am trying to find others that have done one or the other or both to see how everything works together. Confidence is not everything, proper planning is everything. Just trying to get a good plan.

Quote Reply

Prev Next