Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah sweet bike!!

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super clean! I know slow twitch isn't a huge fan of the vuka aero basebar but I had to previous generation at one point in time and really liked it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only thing I don't like is the wires.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can’t remember what issues were with the Zipp Vuka basebar. Adjustability? Aero? That is/was one of my choices as an alternative to the stock aluminum basebar...pricey though. I like the new one that has the built in storage for a blip box. The new one appears to have more adjustability too.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The previous generation wasn't bad but you had to make adjustments in full centimeters I think in the cockpit. And it really had next to no tilt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a 2010 Shiv TT

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still think that's a good-looking bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenda valkyrie tyres?
The DA is still a great bike and it fits her so well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice aero "eyeball" looking frame. Two suggestions (if Felt engineers are reading this thread...) are: 1. to lower the seat-stay/seat-tube junction down towards the BB. 2. Extend the seattube chord (width) above the seat-stay/seattube junction so that the seat tube has a broader chord width finished with a very thin trailing Kamm surface that covers more of the rear wheel curvature above the seat-stay. Essentially like a BTS box.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Last edited by: Taugen: Aug 24, 20 12:17
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be great if someone from felt was on here but I don't think anybody is since super Dave changed companies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

I think the 2010 Shiv TT is a good looking bike. I bet Macca would agree.....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mmmmmm.... rim brakes :)

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Macca who? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Macca who? :)

LOL

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not specifically for you Fishbum, just replying to your post...

This is not a new bike. Same DA which has been around for awhile, and the same frame Chloe's coach, Kristin Armstrong, used for her gold medal ride in Rio. Great bike. Good aero numbers.

I would say don't expect everything on that bike to be her actual race spec. ;-)

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:

This is not a new bike. Same DA which has been around for awhile, and the same frame Chloe's coach, Kristin Armstrong, used for her gold medal ride in Rio. Great bike. Good aero numbers.

I would say don't expect everything on that bike to be her actual race spec. ;-)

yeah not much has changed on that bike other than the integrated front brake in 2015 I think. My da is unfortunately a 2013 and I really want that front fork LOL. I recently got a speed concept but I actually think I like my da more
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, I have the new integrated fork...albeit, it was due to a crash replacement in 2015. :0 I love my DA. I guess the only downside is I haven't figured out a way to convert it to Di2 without a bunch of wires showing. It seems like the newer bikes and aftermarket bars and stems (ie. TriRig) have convenient solutions to hiding the wires.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are ways to clean it up so next to no wires are showing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:

yeah not much has changed on that bike other than the integrated front brake in 2015 I think. My da is unfortunately a 2013 and I really want that front fork LOL. I recently got a speed concept but I actually think I like my da more

In that spirit, wondering about the spec. Jim's point about differences in this build versus race spec is well taken, especially with the tag that the bike was built up by Joe Savola (husband and mechanic for Kristen Armstrong). From everything I read, he's pretty aware of the small things. So, how about these?
  • Kenda Valkyrie tires: already brought up, but not known to be particularly fast. Just a training setup?
  • 1x drivetrain, 52T chainring and 10-28 cassette: no question that Chloe is fast, but does she really use the 52x10 or is this more of the same that we saw out of Trek-Segafredo for essentially using the 10T cog as a spacer with teeth?
  • SRAM/Zipp integrated extensions/AXS shifting: definitely solves the problem of where to put the BlipBox, since each extension behaves like the road levers. I wonder if the deeper shape/profile of these has similar benefits to the more integrated systems that have come out from Wattshop, Drag2Zero, and others.
  • Skewers: feels like an easy get to switch to the flush-mount style like ViewSpeed or TriRig, but all of the photos I found for Kristen's bike at Rio also had standard skewers. Another race-day only thing, or are do any potential wheel-swap issues outweigh any gain for them?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The stock brakes suck so much though! I’m thankful that my wife’s DA had a normal front brake which I switched for a TriRig. The rear brake we are stuck with to my knowledge.

Also they really couldn’t find a better way to route those brake cables?! That cracks me the most on this beautiful bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you 💯%. However the integrated front brake is still cleaner looking. Some people have mounted magura rear brakes.

You drilled her stem didn't you? How did that hold up in the long run.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [RunningChoux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RunningChoux wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:

In that spirit, wondering about the spec. Jim's point about differences in this build versus race spec is well taken, especially with the tag that the bike was built up by Joe Savola (husband and mechanic for Kristen Armstrong). From everything I read, he's pretty aware of the small things. So, how about these?
  • Kenda Valkyrie tires: already brought up, but not known to be particularly fast. Just a training setup?
  • 1x drivetrain, 52T chainring and 10-28 cassette: no question that Chloe is fast, but does she really use the 52x10 or is this more of the same that we saw out of Trek-Segafredo for essentially using the 10T cog as a spacer with teeth?
  • SRAM/Zipp integrated extensions/AXS shifting: definitely solves the problem of where to put the BlipBox, since each extension behaves like the road levers. I wonder if the deeper shape/profile of these has similar benefits to the more integrated systems that have come out from Wattshop, Drag2Zero, and others.
  • Skewers: feels like an easy get to switch to the flush-mount style like ViewSpeed or TriRig, but all of the photos I found for Kristen's bike at Rio also had standard skewers. Another race-day only thing, or are do any potential wheel-swap issues outweigh any gain for them?

Looks like in the race pic she's on a 2x
Last edited by: Fishbum: Aug 24, 20 18:39
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [RunningChoux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would call this bike "sponsor correct" and not read anymore into it then that.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Felt DA lovers take a look! [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I no longer own a DA, but I manage to make the rear brake work flawlessly. The trick is using brake levers with the same leverage the brakes where designed for. I tried everything until I tried Dura Ace levers. Being a SRAM guy it took me long to realize though. Then suddenly everything worked perfectly. The reason is Shimano levers pull more cable and you should no mix SRAM/Campagnolo (same leverage) with newer Shimano. They used to have the same pull, but Shimano changed it a few years back. What is surprising is that manufacturers such as Felt would speck the wrong levers with a bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next