Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt B2 or cervelo P3c
Quote | Reply
Im debating which of the two i should buy as an upgrade from my Felt S22. I was set on the P3c but my local bike shop is trying to get me into the Felt B2. just looking for some input from people that have ridden one or the other or both as ive never ridden either. my bike shops thought was that the B2 comes with better equipment for a better price. but the p3c isnt setting records for no reason at all
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 or cervelo P3c [r1willyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does your bikeshop even carry Cervelo?

----------------------------------------
I ride a Cervelo...get over it....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
might hold out for this. even if you want the b2, this should help the price of the b2 drop a bit:

http://www.triathletemag.com/story.cfm?story_id=12299&publicationID=92&pageID=1705
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 or cervelo P3c [Endorphinjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup there one of the only dealers around here
Last edited by: r1willyc: Jul 23, 06 13:30
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 or cervelo P3c [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well im in good with my shop. he wants 3800 for the P3c and 2800 for the B2. although i do wonder what the new DA will cost when it somes out
Last edited by: r1willyc: Jul 23, 06 13:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At every race i have been at this year, i see 10 P3C's for every B2. That tells me that more people like the P3C, but personally I would rather have a different bike than everyone else.

Personally, I would wait until September and see the DA.

===============================

member of the Litespeed Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 or cervelo P3c [Flanagan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, since it's out of the bag a bit, let me just say this: I've seen it and if you're planning on purchasing a new bike soon, you should just wait because this thing is absolutely unbelievable! It's going to rock the world both in performance and price, and that's all you'll get out of me.

BTW, that's not all Felt has up it's sleeve - I'm betting they steal Interbike this year.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 or cervelo P3c [JM3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when is the interbike show?? also i was just reading about the scott plasma i think it was. any opinions on that bike as well??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interbike is usually Late september or october, if I'm not mistaken. The plasma is a very nice bike. Great bike, actually. It climbs well and just plain screams down the flats. You have the possibility to get quite low also, if that's what you want. I think I'm at 14cm right now with room to go lower if I wish to. You won't be disappointed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you already own race wheels? Are you planning on getting a pair? And then also what's your budget and at what seat angle/seat position on the BB are you planning on riding. Both are fine bikes but if the B2 fits you right and your budget is tight I'd say spend your money on the B2 and a pair of nice wheels. and on the DA upgrade, on a tri bike with bar end shifters the new DA (when is it supposed to come out?) won't make an appreciable difference at all.

If they carry it, you might also want to check out a QR Seduza or Caliente as well. A Seduza is priced right near the BW with a sexier frame (maybe not actually faster but sexier) and you could do a nice spec upgrade with the extra $1000 or so although again, I'd use it on wheels.

I ride a P3sl FWIW and am sponsored by a shop that carries both Felt and Cervelo as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be more curious as to why upgrade from a S22 to a B2. When I was looking at mine in 2005, I have the S22, the B2 and S22 were the same bike except "Aero seat tube" and a more expensive wheel set.

IMO the "Aero seat" is next to worthless and sucks you into a propritary seat post and you can just get a new wheel set and have a B2 in S22 form for all intense and purposes.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 or cervelo P3c [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is true..and ive been looking at this plasma all day and the more i look the more i like it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's actually a lot more difference than that. The b2's has carbon seat stays and Easton's top of the line carbon aero fork. It's also full DA and stock with 404s. Don't know what you mean about "aero seat tube" as mine has a Thompson seat clamp. I put my own saddle on it without any issues. Not just better spec but also some better frame materials.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 or cervelo P3c [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on what year the S22 is. I was led to believe that until 2004, the frames were different. Only in 2005 did the s22 and the B2 have the same frame.

Send your corrections my way...

Quote Reply
Post deleted by SuperDave [ In reply to ]
Re: Felt B2 or cervelo P3c [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew I should of hit some of those Tues/Thurs lunch rides...damn!!!!

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 or cervelo P3c [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"here's actually a lot more difference than that...."

Yes some other differences, but I guess what I'm saying is the "BIG" difference and cost differential is really in the wheelset.

Also the 2005 had the oval/foil shaped seatpost, I believe now a 2006 s22 component as well, with oddball seatpost clamp.

To me upgrading from a S22 to a B2 is as easy as adding race wheels to an S22. The other "additions", Fork,DA cranks/rings and carbon rear stays are VERY miniscule additions and have very little effect on performance.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you have an S22 and are looking to upgrade why wouldn't you just buy race wheels for 1500$ and have 99% of what a B2 is performance wise and save yourself 1500-3000$.

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As others have said, the S22 *is* pretty much the B2 these days....

Either get a P3C like the rest of the lemmings, or be smart and get a PT and disc cover (and whatever aero front wheel floats yer boat) for your perfectly good S22 and actually BE faster - rather than just looking faster.

Unless you are currently running the S22 w/ NO spacers and a flat or downward-sloped stem, you would be wasting yer time on a P3C, since you'd probably end up w/ a ton of spacers to get into a position you would actually be comfortable riding it in.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 or cervelo P3c [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Regardless, waiting for the 2007's will at the very least drop prices on the 2006's. You might not have to wait long...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
may or may not be important to you but the B2 does not have a downtube bottle cage braze, while the P3C does not have a seat tube braze. Either way you should probably hold out for the 07 B2 if you're going to be spending that kind of money.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B2 or cervelo P3c [footwerx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thing is if i wait too long then there may not be any 2006 frames left in my size
Quote Reply