Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt B16 Upgarde
Quote | Reply
As I continue to upgrade my Felt B16 I have laid out the following:

Shimano Ultegra FC-R8000 Crankset (175*52/36)
Shimano Ultegra CS-R8000 Cassette (11x32)
Shimano Ultegra FD-R8000 Front Derailleur (Braze On)
Shimano Ultegra RD-R8000 Rear Derailleur (Long)
Shimano Dura Ace R9100 Derailleur Cable Set
Shimano PTFE Brake Cable & Housing
Shimano Ultegra CN-HG701 11s Chain
Shimano Dura Ace 9000 11s Bar End Shifters.

Additionally I am changing out my Bottom Bracket and Derailleur pulleys to Ceramic Speeds (11s).

First, that takes care of my drive train by way of upgrading to an 11s set and changing out/upgrading a current bottom bracket that is failing. Does anyone see any issues here with the drive train components?

Secondly, I completely overlooked my wheelset. I currently have been riding on my pair of SRAM S80's over the stock wheels that came with the bike. The freehub assemply on the SRAM S80s (as best I can ascertain) is meant for a 10s cassette. As far as I know it will not accomodate an 11s cassette and what I can gather I would need to change out the freehub in order to accomodate the 11s cassette. I have seen other forums/postings about changing the freehub out to this: https://www.jensonusa.com/...1-Speed-Freehub-Body

Does anyone have any insight into changing out the freehub on this set. I wasn't planning on getting a new wheelset. Additionally my purposes on upgrading components was to ride this bike out for another 4 years or so before I am in a position to wholesale upgrade to another bike and componenet set all together. I like my Felt, it's a great bike, just looking to extend it with more options in mountaineous terrain.

TIA
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B16 Upgarde [rbower04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The link for the freehub says is for reynolds wheels, will it work with your SRAM wheels?
Here is another possible solution:
http://www.lascoconcept.com/en/11s-cassette/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IIRC, the latest ultegra 11s cassettes are compatible with 8/9/10s freehubs in the 11-32 (or is it 11-34, I forget) size. They just have an extra spacer for use with 11s hubs.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rbower04 wrote:

Additionally I am changing out my Bottom Bracket and Derailleur pulleys to Ceramic Speeds (11s).

First, that takes care of my drive train by way of upgrading to an 11s set and changing out/upgrading a current bottom bracket that is failing. Does anyone see any issues here with the drive train components?

I personally wouldn't spring for those Ceramic Speed bits. The extra cost for both of those alone would pretty much cover the cost difference to go 11s Di2 instead (if you were pretty good on seeking/finding deals). To me that would be a better way to spend my money because the watt saving per $$ isn't worth it to me. But it's your decision in the end.

Another option for your rear wheel is to "modify" the freehub body to give enough clearance for that 11th cog. I've done that on an older hub before and worked pretty well actually. But that is at your own risk also. But look into what another mentioned on certain cassettes able to fit on existing 10s only freehub bodies to confirm though.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Aug 21, 18 8:07
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B16 Upgarde [Art M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I have been reading, reynolds made the hubs for the SRAM S-series. People have left feedback saying the have used it to go 9/10 to 11s.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt B16 Upgarde [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought about doing the Di2, but the B16 is not ideally suited for it. I mapped it all out with the what I need and what I have and didn't want the have cables, battery packs, and junctions externally. Decided to save that for the full bike upgrade.

Besides the ceramics can move over to the next bike (BB sizing dependent).
Quote Reply