Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feedback on today's Zwift Tuesday Structured Training Workout
Quote | Reply
i authored it. my sense is that the rest intervals were too easy. as in, should've been 30 or 40 watts heavier. what do you think, if you took part? i'm hoping to dial these in better, and author a bunch of new workouts. but i want to make sure i calibrate these right.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Apr 23, 19 18:03
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on today's Zwift Tuesday Structured Training Workout [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought the rests were ok. After the tough stuff my watts often drop (I try to avoid that), then caught up to the set point, then exceeded the set point b/c yeah, for me today, the rests were a touch low.

However, they were a lot higher than they have been in the past (by like 40W), which worked well for me. Today I got full stars for the rests vs usually getting a half star or failing the rest segments b/c I always over pedal the extremely low value that has usually been the target for those.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on today's Zwift Tuesday Structured Training Workout [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
I thought the rests were ok. After the tough stuff my watts often drop (I try to avoid that), then caught up to the set point, then exceeded the set point b/c yeah, for me today, the rests were a touch low.

However, they were a lot higher than they have been in the past (by like 40W), which worked well for me. Today I got full stars for the rests vs usually getting a half star or failing the rest segments b/c I always over pedal the extremely low value that has usually been the target for those.

I had a tech malfunction. I was in erg mode but erg mode wasn't functional for me. I hope it was just me. Did erg mode work okay for you?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on today's Zwift Tuesday Structured Training Workout [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No Dan, erg mode did not work for me today. But I doubt it was due to an issue on your end.

Unfortunately, many Zwift updates come with bugs that muck up some feature that was previously functioning just fine. The TT expansion has reverted my workout mode erg to not working, but outside of the group workout I was able to Zwift along with expected terrain based resistance changes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meant to add, I saw chatter about this issue Saturday on the Zwift FB group. Something about possibly needing to open the trainer's own software to reset that to sim mode, or something. But I didn't pay close attention since I hadn't experienced the issue yet and I thought the folks said they had apple tv's or some device at any rate that I don't use.

Quote Reply
Re: Feedback on today's Zwift Tuesday Structured Training Workout [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
Meant to add, I saw chatter about this issue Saturday on the Zwift FB group. Something about possibly needing to open the trainer's own software to reset that to sim mode, or something. But I didn't pay close attention since I hadn't experienced the issue yet and I thought the folks said they had apple tv's or some device at any rate that I don't use.

i use an apple tv. so maybe that's it. i'll run that down.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reading the issues about ERG mode in your workout, there is a huge issue with a few trainers after the Map expansion update last week. My Magnus trainer does not recognize any incline.

here is thread on Zwift forums:

https://forums.zwift.com/...ce-in-erg-mode/63992
Quote Reply